Discuss Earthquake and power transformer .. unforgetable accident ! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Digitalat Man

As we know that serious internal faults create an immediate surge of oil for oil-immersed transformers, and then buchholz relay give the trip signal to isolate transformer.

Yesterday, a 125mva power transformer trip by buchholz relay at substation in which i work , after applying required test on the oil , the oil was ok. so what was the problem?

After hours of protection tests , another 125mve power transformer in the same substation tripped by the buchholz protection also , but at this time , it was clear that the trip was at the same time the earthquake occur.

conclusion:
The erath quake shake transformer strongly and then second float of buchholz operates the trip switch due to the rush of oil.

sorry for my bad english , but it was a uniqe accidenet and i want to share it with you

Reply to Earthquake and power transformer .. unforgetable accident ! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Background Two weeks ago, lightning struck a tree in our yard. Many circuits tripped and several electronic devices failed. There was a strong...
Replies
Views
Hi, just found this forum! I'm in Australia Maybe people here can suggest what may be causing a power issue I have. Appreciate any suggestions...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
I am the homeowner of a hot tub that's been working for well for 6 years. One day the water began to provide a shocking sensation which would...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock