Discuss ECS CARD STRUGGLING! - 2365 qualification in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mike Blair

whys it such a nightmare getting cards took me 4 days for jib to pick the phone up.

after speaking they said due to me not having a nvq i should get a experianced worker card...

got my level 2 3 2365
17th edition
inspection and testing 2394/5.

nightmare.. now its saying i dont have a core level 3 qualification?

error says

The qualifications you have supplied do not support your request for the grade of Experienced Worker. 0" class="" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; box-sizing: border-box;">You may be missing:

Where you see a blue label of 'Show Examples', click this to be able to see a list of real world qualifications that will satisify the high level qualification description

via Level 3 Technical Knowledge (All of) :

Level 3 Technical Knowledge

Risteard, I was at Swanley the week before last.
I had a fairly long conversation in his office, with the manager of the ECS.
He explained to me that the ECS administer the scheme for the JIB, that no one in the ECS are Electricians or have any electrical training, they are just office bods processing applications.
He also told me about the Mature Candidates Assesment scheme, so I would be able to,pass on the information to people on forums.
You disagree (no surprise there), then you contact them to let them know.

Risteard, I was at Swanley the week before last.
I had a fairly long conversation in his office, with the manager of the ECS.
He explained to me that the ECS administer the scheme for the JIB, that no one in the ECS are Electricians or have any electrical training, they are just office bods processing applications.
He also told me about the Mature Candidates Assesment scheme, so I would be able to,pass on the information to people on forums.
You disagree (no surprise there), then you contact them to let them know.
From the bottom of the ECS website: "© JIB, 2014. The Electrotechnical Certification Scheme is administered in England, Wales and Northern Ireland by the Joint Industry Board. Applications and information throughout Scotland are administered by the Scottish Joint Industry Board."

Which is exactly as I stated - the JIB/SJIB administer the ECS scheme - not the other way round. The ECS is not an organisation - that is the JIB (or SJIB as the case may be). Although it seemingly does not surprise you that I disagreed with your comments, I only did so because they were inaccurate.

Like I said, I was there in fact on Wednesday week before last.
I spoke with someone, but I can't remember his name.
I was sat in his office while he explained a few things to me.
From what he said, the ECS is there to administer card applications for the JIB.
You say it's not an organisation, yet it has offices, employees, a website, bank accounts.....

Absolute nightmare I applied for the trainee stage 3 card I have the levels 2/3 2365, proof that I'm on the 2357 NVQ with am2, company training and employment agreement and my company endorsed my application. Simple I qualified for the stage 3 card but no! I can only have a labourers card as jib do recognise the 2365 as a grading they only grade on the old 2330 ones which were replaced by the 2365. Makes no sense as I couldn't finish the NVQ without the 2365, jib contradicting itself massively

So the JIB won't grade you an electrician without having completed an NVQ (which is the closest qualification you get to proving an apprenticeship).

good! At least one organisation is maintaining some sort of high standard.

No I applied for the trainee stage 3 electrician card it's a white card with a red stripe and clearly states trainee stage 3, it's one grade below the gold card and I met all the requirements, as stated above. I'm not an idiot I wouldn't expect to be graded as an installation electrician without the full NVQ and am2

No I applied for the trainee stage 3 electrician card it's a white card with a red stripe and clearly states trainee stage 3, it's one grade below the gold card and I met all the requirements, as stated above. I'm not an idiot I wouldn't expect to be graded as an installation electrician without the full NVQ and am2

It takes more than just qualifications.

As per the ECS website to gain thentrainee stage 3 you must be on a formal training programme leading to a gold card.
You must also have the qualifications which you have.
And you must also have your employers sponsorship.

So it is not just a case of having ten qualifications, as they are on,y part of the story, your employer just support you and you must be working towards a gold card. Otherwise you are officially a labourer.

Do you meet all of th requirements?

yes I am on a formal training programme and employed working towards my level 3 NVQ I said this in my original post! The point I raised was that the jib do not recognise the new 2365 qualifications they only technical qualification available as they replaced the 2330, that's why the would not grade me as a trainee stage 3. I'm qualified to level 3 just on finishing the finals i.e. NVQ and am2

Basically I met all the requirements but they said I need the 2330 technical Certs to which are non existent it's all 2365 yet I'm on the NVQ and you cant finish NVQ without the technical bit so I did that first. I have been doing this for 3/4 years, you lot are not telling me anything I don't already know

Basically I met all the requirements but they said I need the 2330 technical Certs to which are non existent it's all 2365 yet I'm on the NVQ and you cant finish NVQ without the technical bit so I did that first. I have been doing this for 3/4 years, you lot are not telling me anything I don't already know

I understand what you meant,
My friend had this same issue.

The easiest way to contact them is on Twitter (Don't get me started :confused:) their name is @ECS_Card explain your issues and they'll sort it out :D

I found it easier to get a site managers card than it was for stage 3 trainee. . all I needed was a reference letter o_O

Reply to ECS CARD STRUGGLING! - 2365 qualification in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net