• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss ECS Labourer Help!! electrician mate in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

robb

-
Reaction score
Hi ! Im new here and i need some advice :
I have some qualifications from abroad and ive got a statement of comparability from uk naric and it qualify me to work as an electrical installations technician. my queation is how can i get the ecs labourer card as im trying right now and im having some trouble .. i passed the ecs h&s i even have an employer but i cant get this ecs labourer card what should i do ? Thanks!

my app is on hold as i cant provide reference from an employer :( .. is there any way to obtain a reference from an employer ? i had been working before but no references :( or if i get the 17th edition wiring certificate will it work to get my ecs labourer card ? can anyone give me some advice please ?

Welcome to the forum :)

I'm sure we will have members who have been through a similar route to yourself, are you not able to Email your previous employer and ask for a confirmation email for a reference and contact details to allow your position to be confirmed?
I believe your just stuck in a system for application which ensures applicants are who they say they are and the qualifications are not fake and also applicants are actually competent to the level they say they are at, it is unfortunately a frustrating position for those genuine cases who hit what may be minor stumbling blocks.

Like I said, other members may be able to advise better through experience so bear with, most will be at work at the moment hence response may seem slow.

I tought to get the ECS Labourer (unskilled) card its gonna be easier for me to work a bit and refresh my knowledge and then skip straight to c&g 2365 level 3 to save some money aswell (i do have qualifications from abroad im qualified to work as an electrical installations technician based on uk naric .. i dont want to be that but i was thinking this certificate proove that im a competent person for ecs labourer)

I see, well like I said we should have some members that can help out so hopefully they will respond, my comments are just a generalised opinion as I'm not too familiar with the requirements and protocol of attaining the ECS card, hopefully our members can find a solution for you or suggest a route to take.

I spoke with my previous employer and he gave me his phone number , company name and email address .. will these count as reference ? and if so then how do i upload them as a file if he gave them to me over the phone ?

That I cannot comment as you seem to suggest you weren't on the books, in reality on paper you never worked for them so I'm not sure it would be wise trying to prove you were working illegally for cash in hand, it won't do you or your ex-'employer' any favours in my personal opinion unless it can be shown you were just getting work experience for no financial return then it maybe an option but again, this is not my area of knowledge just my opinion.

I spoke with my previous employer and he gave me his phone number , company name and email address .. will these count as reference ? and if so then how do i upload them as a file if he gave them to me over the phone ?
type his details out in ms word, then print off and send to whoever.

Reply to ECS Labourer Help!! electrician mate in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back