Discuss EICR and EPC reports clarification in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi people,
Totally confused here. My hubby is a Part P domestic installer ( Elecsa / NICEIC) basically we are looking into taking on other avenues of electrical work and were wondering about doing EICR and EPC reports as we know these are about to take off in a big way due to the recent government legislation but have no idea if he is actually qualified to do these?? Please can someone advise?
Big thanks

these are about to take off in a big way due to the recent government legislation
they might put that on hold considering the virus is around ,by saying that has long has he is insurance for that indemnity .then he can test the building .the only people will be making money out of this is the estate agents who have the only sparks that will change very little to test the buildings if catch the drift .

It is well worth having the options in place to do that sort of work, but as already said, once things become mandated very quickly the folk doing the job correctly get priced out by organisations that are focused on ticking the legal boxes by the minimum means necessary.

But you should still be able to make money off those services, more so if you get repeat work from folk who appreciate a job well done, etc.

they might put that on hold considering the virus is around ,by saying that has long has he is insurance for that indemnity .then he can test the building .the only people will be making money out of this is the estate agents who have the only sparks that will change very little to test the buildings if catch the drift .
Good points. I'm just about catching it, buzz....just, I think;)

You do it on porpoise, mate.....yer not foolin' me.

The legislation is still going ahead but only applies to properties with new tenants after 1st July 2010. This shouldn’t be impacted by the virus as the property should be empty when the EICR is carried out. Just normal hygiene rules etc and you should be ok. Just make sure you have professional indemnity insurance that covers this type of work. Seen a lot of big lettings agencies talking to nationwide contractors to start contracts to roll this out for their properties. Only advice, don’t try and compete with the £50 cowboys who do a full EICR in an hour.

Good points. I'm just about catching it, buzz....just, I think;)

You do it on porpoise, mate.....yer not foolin' me.
No Mate he does it on Dolphin!

Reply to EICR and EPC reports clarification in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock