Discuss EICR audits _________ in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Agree with your bit about can be removed without a tool or key Andy, but if you are going to fiddle about with a CU and remove blanks with your fingers? well say no more.

Aye, but a report based on an inspection is a matter of safety and the regulations, not whether or not someone should or not be fiddling with something and whether or not they get what's coming to them.

Why do they supply plastic blanks if they are not fit for purpose , I've lost count of the amount of distribution boards and consumer units with clip on blanks I've come across and never coded them, Normally you need a screw driver to prize them out anyway. As for light pendants with there exposed live conductors in them when the bulb is removed, and the screw off cover , I will never understand how they are safe :) PS I always use the Full Blanks that clip on the din rail when installing boards.

It is a C2. If in a cupboard that has controlled access then a C3.

Pendants have further protection to terminals whereas a CU has an unprotected busbar inside.
What a C2 for having plastic blank plates?

Schneider supply plastic blanks with their ISOBar boards.

Must admit I never fit clip in blanks, if not using Hager or Memshield modular blanks I cost in fitting mcbs to the spare ways. There are the odd plastic blanks like the old Memera 21 which are twist fit and cannot be removed.

i think the argument is more that the plastic blanks can be removed without use of a tool, thus compromising the IP integrity of the CU.

These somewhat dubious CU blanks have been around for years ........ so I simply can't agree with the coding of these

Personally I like the Wylex ones that can't be removed unless the cover is removed.

Reply to EICR audits _________ in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net