Discuss Electric Vehicle Charging training in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

spud1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been offered an opportunity to do some EVC training through my local wholesaler. They are putting on a course run by the NICEIC and Rolec. Its a one day course and although the cost is considerable, included in it is; the NICEIC code of practice book for EV Charging and a Rolec 'Charge check' Tester, which Im told is crucial for 'OLEV' accreditation. The qualification acheived is an NICEIC one NOT the City & Guilds 2919-01.
Is this course worth doing and do you think the qualification is formal enough for me to gain the necessary accreditations to actually start installing and certificating EVCP's or is this just a tarted up product awareness course and a waste of money?

Thanks

Absolutley not.

I did it. Total waist of time and money.

its not a recognised qualification.

Unless you get into this big time you will find it hard to break into the industry. Most garages have an exclusive deal with a company that is Olev registered fit their chargers for their customers.

with the Olev grants you will find it very hard to compete.

Also if you do decide to go for it, I hope you like risk assessments and paperwork.

Other than the above don’t let me put you off. Go for it.

The code of practice is an IET publication and not NICEIC. Its about £30 if your an IET member.

If you pass your course and want to be OLEV approved via ROLEC, ROLEC insist you buy their tester. Its £300-400. Can be bought/ordered at any wholesaler (ask for a price).

The NICEIC course I did was a C&G one but that was a few years ago

I have also done the course and have no interest in pursuing this work unless asked by an existing customer. The grant basically covers the cost of the over priced charger and a lot of paper work is requireds to get this money back. I left the course with a bad taste in my mouth but looked into it a bit more and when you see the quality of the work the big companies are leaving you would need good clients with deep pockets to be worth.

Reply to Electric Vehicle Charging training in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock