Discuss Electrical Test sheets & Fudged Figures in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is clearly a case of measure Zs and deduct Ze for the continuity no one surely does it the other way on a Periodic. So OP are there no insulation resistance readings.

I think what you state is spot on :thumbsup:,however,he can only prove its fudged if new tests contradict the readings he has been given
I am making the point to him that what he has been given is a legitimate if unusual means of obtaining Zs on a periodic but there are 2 ways to skin the cat :)

Zs-ze should not be used to calculate R1+R2 on any test as zs is a live test done with all bonding conductors in place.
Parallel paths will affect your zs result and will always be lower than the zs=ze+R1+R2 calculated method.
Is that what we are on about ha?

Zs-ze should not be used to calculate R1+R2 on any test as zs is a live test done with all bonding conductors in place.
Parallel paths will affect your zs result and will always be lower than the zs=ze+R1+R2 calculated method.
Don't know, got a headache now

In the great scheme of things the continuity reading for radial circuits on an EICR schedule is pretty irrelevant however it was achieved whether you view the method rightly or wrongly let's face it some people just tick the column or leave it blank as the Zs proves continuity.

In the great scheme of things the continuity reading for radial circuits on an EICR schedule is pretty irrelevant however it was achieved whether you view the method rightly or wrongly let's face it some people just tick the column or leave it blank as the Zs proves continuity.
Agreed. The zs test alone is required to verify that the protective device will operate within the required time allowed.

Reply to Electrical Test sheets & Fudged Figures in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net