Discuss Electrician won’t give certificates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

If he's been paid (or even if he hasn't), the electrician should supply the certificates. My invoice email followed the completion & supply of certificates etc.

They stay in business by not relying on repeat business. Random punter asks for work, he does the work, punter pays and most don't realise that they should have a certificate. So for most jobs they get to save the hassle of paperwork.

Just an update, after nearly two weeks off calling about three times a day I have received the certificate of compliance from Niceic and he has been round to test. All I need is the EIC for the circuit with the test results, so close
That doesn’t make sense.
You cannot get an niceic notification cert until the testing and inspection has been done and EIR completed.

Are you saying he notified the job before doing the testing?

That doesn’t make sense.
You cannot get an niceic notification cert until the testing and inspection has been done and EIR completed.

Are you saying he notified the job before doing the testing?
Of course he can. To notify (at least for NAPIT, I’m sure NICEIC is the same) all he does is go on line to NICEIC, enter the address and what work was done. NICEIC sends Completion Cert to the customer and LABC.
That’s it. No EIC required, NICEIC never see the EIC. The production of the EIC with the test results is a separate process.

Of course he can. To notify (at least for NAPIT, I’m sure NICEIC is the same) all he does is go on line to NICEIC, enter the address and what work was done. NICEIC sends Completion Cert to the customer and LABC.
That’s it. No EIC required, NICEIC never see the EIC. The production of the EIC with the test results is a separate process.

Not sure if thats totally correct.

When I used the on-line software with Elecsa, the compliance certification came at the end of finalising the EIC. Of course you don't have to use the on-line certification, and it had been some time since I just used their compliance system; so not sure if it has been updated as well?

Your right physically he can do it. However he shouldn’t do it.

When I used to do the on line notifications the certificate No. was optional to be filled in and the above regarding doing the notification was true (well it was when I had to do them four years ago anyway).

Reply to Electrician won’t give certificates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock