Search the forum,

Discuss Electricians courses in North West in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chris Howitt

Could someone give me some further info on electrician courses?

I have found that in order to become an electrician, you need to get, the Level 2 & Level 3 City and Guilds and an AM2 card, then you can apply for the JIB card and pick up work as an electrician.

Is this correct? If so, I can do them at a training center, is this recommended?

Once I have done that, you can pick up work as an electrician. How difficult is it to pick up work? What do you have to do in order to find work?, How long does it take to get work?

Could someone give me some further info on electrician courses?

I have found that in order to become an electrician, you need to get, the Level 2 & Level 3 City and Guilds and an AM2 card, then you can apply for the JIB card and pick up work as an electrician.

Is this correct? If so, I can do them at a training center, is this recommended?

Once I have done that, you can pick up work as an electrician. How difficult is it to pick up work? What do you have to do in order to find work?, How long does it take to get work?
well...if its once then it must be 50,000 times that this has been had out in here....
its a minimum of 3 years so forget about 5 week courses and whatever bolt on rubbish the scams will try to offer you....it wont work wont that...
get to college....get out there in the installs with a decent, competant electrician...

Well the Level 2 is 40 weeks I believe, & level 3 the same.

I actually found out that actually that's all you need, once you got that then you can get your JIB card and pick up work,

I was refered from the JIB - to CTD Quickstep Ltd, who cover the exams,

I asked the receptionist, 'what do electricians have to do to become an electrician, and that was the process.

No scams here, just a geniune way in - as far as im concerned.

So I could do with some further information really, is what I said true?

Surely this is the same for any electrician path?

You will get a white trainee card with that from the JIB, do the full courses and don't try and fast track it. If you do it that way I wash you the best of luck. If you botch your training you will fall on your arse much to the amusement of many.

''All electricians wishing to gain a gold card from the JIB to confirm their status as a competent person must achieve an NVQ level 3''

NQVQ Level 2 20 weeks Min
NVQ LEVEL 3 20 weeks Min

+ AM2,

Is that fast tracking or a full course?

Whats wrong / acceptable with this path?

You want to do your full college course over 3 years as a minimum with a already experienced company. The AM2 and NVQ will follow that in your 4th year. Many people will argue even after these 4 years going into it on your own is to early.

Understood about the AM2 & NVQ in the 4th year, but why do you wanna go to college, when you can do it quicker?

City & Guilds, wouldn't even put there names on inphase ltd (training centre in Liverpool), if it wasnt thought and planned out, out would they?

''All electricians wishing to gain a gold card from the JIB to confirm their status as a competent person must achieve an NVQ level 3''

NQVQ Level 2 20 weeks Min
NVQ LEVEL 3 20 weeks Min

+ AM2,

Is that fast tracking or a full course? - (im not talking about 5 weeks) why are you?

Reply to Electricians courses in North West in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net