Discuss Electricians forums Quiz in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

spark-doctor

Admin have given their permission to have a electrical quiz.

The quiz will be held on 28/09/2008 and will start at 7pm.

It will be 60 question and will cover all electrical work from design to PAT and electrical theory.

I will be setting the questions and a respected member has agreed to sit out and check over the questions. (don't worry it is not Bane)

You will have 2 hours to complete the quiz and then 5 Min's to PM me the answers. Admin will delete the questions after the 2 hours.

There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Prizes will be announced at a later date.

If you have any questions or ideas to improve this please reply.

Note
Banes account will be suspended for the duration of the quiz:D

Last edited by a moderator:

I will be setting the questions and a respected member has agreed to sit out and check over the questions. (don't worry it is not Bane)

And why not me? I was cheated out of the Moderators position too (Come on Cirrus, you KNOW I had more votes)! I'm starting to think this is a personal vendetta against me! :D

Erm...Let ME check over the Q's and A's? :eek:

Note

Then it'll be a boring quiz and I don't even want to be part of your stupid little quiz. :mad:

And why not me? I was cheated out of the Moderators position too (Come on Cirrus, you KNOW I had more votes)! I'm starting to think this is a personal vendetta against me! :D

Erm...Let ME check over the Q's and A's? :eek:

Then it'll be a boring quiz and I don't even want to be part of your stupid little quiz. :mad:

*hugs Mr Bane*

c'mon fella, I will let you help me out, like you always have:)

It will be 60 question and will cover all electrical work from design to PAT and electrical theory.

You will have 2 hours to complete the quiz and then 5 Min's to PM me the answers. Admin will delete the questions after the 2 hours.

Note

Just a thought, but will this be a genuine 'off the top of the head' type quiz, or will we (for example) need a copy of the regs in front of us to answer Zs value questions, or "what is the reg number for...." etc

What I mean is.... is it gonna be a quiz or a sort of exam....erm.....if you know what i mean:)

Last edited by a moderator:
*hugs Mr Bane*

c'mon fella, I will let you help me out, like you always have:)

Just a thought, but will this be a genuine 'off the top of the head' type quiz, or will we (for example) need a copy of the regs in front of us to answer Zs value questions, or "what is the reg number for...." etc

What I mean is.... is it gonna be a quiz or a sort of exam....erm.....if you know what i mean:)

I can see this quiz thing getting quite competitive,some questions may have more than one answer so who is to say if its right or not?,
and why cant Bane play?.bless him:p

is shakey going to be taking part :eek: if he is i dont think i will bother:p could be worse carter could be setting the questions:eek::eek: first prize could be ,elavated to respected member? second prize could be a night out with mell:D and the third could be one of bane and tonys recipies?

You can make it personal if you wish Bane:p;)

I didn't realise that the mods position was down to a popularity contest? If that's the case then maybe it's good that you didn't get it cos believe me,
deleting posts etc doesn't win you friends.

You know I am always here for you Bane fella and if you ever feel you want a hug then just say and I will cuddle in;)

Ok, I'm happy now.

I can help Shakey with the answers (I'll let you take the credit Shakey) ;)

Rumrunner's on my side.

Cirrus will give me a hug (Try not to break my ribs)

I'll be gentle
Electricians forums Quiz {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Very sorry but i will have to postpone the quiz for 1 week. Will now be on the 5/10/08. Had to go to a important meeting last weekend:rolleyes:

Shakey. To make it more fair and for more people to participate i have decided to make it a general knowledge quiz with a few electrical questions thrown in

Killerwatt. Yes people could google the answers but if i set a question like

What is the resistivity of a copper bus bar 600x50x10mm given that the resistivity of copper is 16.4x10 to power minus 6

they might struggle to work it out in time. Don't worry, will not put that question in;)

I will have all the nuts and bolts worked out by the middle of next week and will update then.

Once again, very sorry for the delay.

Note

I think with what has happend to spark doctor we can take it that this will now be held at a later date when he is fit and well after his ordeal.

Note

As i have a little time on my hand (hand, ha ha ha) the quiz will be on Sunday 5 Oct at 7pm.

As i have said before, i have changed the quiz to a general knowledge so will will not have to suspend Bane's account:D and people cannot complain if Shakey takes part:D.

The prizes are, for 1st place a trophy and either

or

Second place will get the one that first does not choose.

Third place is a surprise.

If anyone cannot make this date, let me know and we will see if we can change it.

Ian

And if the winner already has a copy of the prize(s).

I am willing to accept aforementioned prizes as donations.

I know, I know. I'm a generous kind of guy...

Reply to Electricians forums Quiz in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock