Search the forum,

Discuss Enact - Green Deal Provider - BUST in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SRE

Sad news - the administrators were brought into Enact last week.

I've seen the rise and rise of Enact since the 90's. I've seen them manage multi-million pound energy efficiency schemes at the same time I was doing it in the North and they were pretty good at it. Who knows if it was the downturn in solar or the almighty ****up that is Green Deal but if they can't weather it then who will be able to?? One thing appears true - Barkers sticky fingers seem to be all over it. I feel for the 29 people losing their jobs.

Enact had the contract for Tesco's don't know if they've managed to spin it into one of their myriad of subsidiaries or holding companies, guess Tesco will be looking for someone esle to partner with now.

In fact the webiste tescohomeefficiency.com registered by UK2 has been pulled ...

Didn't they also do the M&S Home efficiency schemes.....

I'd have expected them to be exceptionally well informed, they were always well connected at DECC and to have substantial contingency funds. They were very well versed in public sector contracts and managing sub-contractors and certainly had many years of experience. The government should be very concerned, how does a contractor with very little public sector experience survive if an experienced company like this can't manage it.

They did do M&S with the Mark Group as contractors, they also dabbled in the Australian market about 5 years ago, that will be a completely different company - maybe they had more success/support over there.

GD's going to be Carillion & British Gas for most of the work with micro businesses and sme's picking up the crumbs from the table.

I will assume these were in trouble before getting started on the GDP
Only in the sense that they would have been heavily involved in the previous CERT funded scheme for cavity wall and loft insulation and probably tried to carry their staffing teams over from the end of that onto the new ECO and Green Deal funded schemes, so they will almost certainly be a direct victim of DECC's incompetence, leading to delayed starts for the schemes, soft launches etc.

A company like this that was carrying that level of staffing over from one scheme to the next would have been in a different position with the delays etc to one that was starting up to develop into doing that work with eco / gd, as their monthly overheads would have been in the quarter of a million plus region. Duedil shows them having about £2 million in the bank at the last accounting period in 2012, which they obviously assumed would be enough to carry them through to the autumn, but obviously not enough to carry them through the extra delays and soft launches that DECC seems to love throwing at the industry.

Add in the delayed start to RHI, and the massive drop off in the solar market in the same period, and it's easy to see how they ended up in this position through no real fault of their own.

This is a really shocking indictment of DECC's complete inability to manage their schemes and scheme transitions in a professional manor, or take any account at all of the impact of their incompetence and delays on the installer base that they require to actually implement their schemes.

Sad news indeed. Enact were a customer of ours and I found them to be a very well run company with knowledgeable and professional staff and management. A great shame to hear things have not worked out.

Reminds me of the early days of Warm Front circa 2000.

The first contractors in got burnt by delayed payments and their investment in staff and plant killed them off before it really got going.

Were investing but treading carefully and keeping our options open. Relying on government schemes is a treacherous business.

if enact have been caught we all can. The Green Deal needs to be made a more attractive proposition! Eco Funding will be mostly milked by the nationals in the long term.

with a national energy company using unqualified Assessors to do a EPR for peanuts whilst at the same time disregarding the building regulations and good practice when installing replacement boilers it only a matter of time before it blows up in the media!

I seem to remember Eaga wanting a 25k bond off their contractors before they would even allocate work.

I'm still to see an MP have a Green Deal assessment carried out - we install everything ourselves first to check on efficacy, it's a great reassurance to our customers. Time for MP's to put their money where their mouth is. Ed Davey & Boris Johnston have both said they will have it done but we've yet to see it happen.

Reply to Enact - Green Deal Provider - BUST in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock