Discuss Exam Help Needed in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mikedunne101

hey i have my Level 2 Electrical Installation exam on monday. I am unsure on how to wire the switch fuse and was hoping that somebody could explain it on here or even post a diagram up. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Many Thanks.

Exam Help Needed {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

nah one of these, sorry if the picture is a little large. I have to wire this to the consumer unit with Steel wire armoured cable. I am unsure on mainly on the banjo for earthing it. Any help would be great, I cant find anything on the internet.

are you taking the AM2? achiement level 2? if so i dont think your ready for it mate. but im not here to judge.

it states in the Spec of teh AM2 you are able to use the banjo as an earth, so you need to bolt an earth cable to the underside of the banjo and take it to the earth and same in the dis board it will use the steel wire as an earth, i just ran a seperate cpc up the tray with the swa. its up to you what you do you will pass for both mate.

have you not taken a prep course?

ahh! a 63amp switch fused isolator (dont know whether its tp or tpn or sp........)
as lukese says bolt it, earth it

it is level 2 and I have done the course and I have a job. We only had one lesson on this months ago and I just wanted to be sure I'd be doing the right thing in my exam, hence me asking for some advice on here. Anyway, that answers my question, thanks for the help.

are you taking the AM2? achiement level 2? if so i dont think your ready for it mate. but im not here to judge.

it states in the Spec of teh AM2 you are able to use the banjo as an earth, so you need to bolt an earth cable to the underside of the banjo and take it to the earth and same in the dis board it will use the steel wire as an earth, i just ran a seperate cpc up the tray with the swa. its up to you what you do you will pass for both mate.

have you not taken a prep course?

This is the way to go. On my test we had to have the consumer unit and fused switch already mounted on the wall before making the SWA. Then fitted gland and connected the top of SWA to consumer unit. Next cut the SWA to lie flat against wall whilst connected to fused switch and second gland fitted. SWA held by one or more cleats and banjo bolt holes had to be drilled into consumer unit and fused switch boxes. We used armour for CPC and ran earth cable from each banjo bolt to CS and FS earth point. Points marked were SWA of correct length, all holes free of burrs, Mechanical strength of SWA connections, full inspection and testing from FS ,electrical tests of all consumer unit circuits as power from bottom of FS

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Exam Help Needed in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock