Discuss exam results ?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Finally got my results yesterday though I had to phone the college for them. quite relieved to hear the word congratulations!! Passed but 4months from theory to result?

I remember when I took my exam for 2391 back in March 2005 come June I kept ringing the college to find out my results. Finally got told by the exam department that I had passed and the certificates would be sent to the campus where I took the exam and should be there in a couple of days.

Went down couple of days later for certificate only to be told there was not one for me, asked why she said she did not know, went and got a the accompanying sheet with the certs and asked did I know any persons on the list to which I said yes but he was on the other course to me.

When looking at it closer the people who had passed on my course there was only had one pass next to our names where the other course had two passes when asked by lady did I know why I said the was a practical and theory exam for the cert, turns out there was no results for our practical exam part.

I finally got my certificate in August when I asked what had happend it turned out that the lecturer had marked the practical part and put them on the desk of another person who was supposed to verify that they where correct but turns out they had been filed away by some prat instead.

Needless to say my language was a bit choice on finding this out.

Cheers Flukey! you're not wrong. As each day passed the pessimism grew stonger but Now i'm feeling a leeetle bit smug!! until I make a monumental cockup and realise that Everyday Is a School Day!! Ian when you say your language was a bit choice, did you say " FLICK!!!" out loud? I did . The exam isn't cheap and the marking process to us is very secretive so we assume it is thorough but succinct and to the point. sorry, but I'm not convinced.

welcome retiredsparky,
your quite right city and guilds do quote 42 days for results and that has been mentioned a few times early on in this thread and thats exactly how long it took for me to get mine,but read some of the other stories on here and you will see thats not always the case with some people waiting up to 4 months for their results :eek:

as you all know i sat 2391 in july and they finally told me over the phone i had failed(tw.ts)after much confusion over mine and a few others papers missing,i am booked in for resit oct but i still have not had anything in writing (official) to say i have failed.

Reply to exam results ?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net