Discuss expensive mistakes in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Not being honest with the Tax Office :eek:

Cost me time, money (lots of money), stress, grief, and what was left of my hair. Oh , and more money.

Listening to a civil servant and naively believing that they knew what they were talking about. Seriously, this nearly finished us off. My contempt for them is now boundless, I hate and despise them so very very much.

Oh and parking a firms van on double yellers. Cost me more than a fine I can tell you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to a civil servant and naively believing that they knew what they were talking about. Seriously, this nearly finished us off. My contempt for them is now boundless, I hate and despise them so very very much.

Oh and parking a firms van on double yellers. Cost me more than a fine I can tell you.

Could you elaborate on them both please Carter?

As to the first one I really would prefer not to revisit it, each telling is a new catharsis and it takes me a frickin' week for my blood pressure to drop. Suffice it to say, during a business start up a series of public sector misdirections, incompetence and malpractice saw us reduced to practically 'street homelesness' over the space of 9 months. 6 months petitioning local councillors and our elected waste of oxygen (MP) produced absolutely zero. Completely futile.
Never having used public provision/benefits system etc. before then I naturally assumed they were the experts in these matters and believed what I was being told, it was only when I had to contact a solicitor (who actually knew the law) that their incredible series of errors came to light and by that time the damage was done. We have now rebuilt but are much changed by the experience. I've always been ambivalent to the public sector but in me they have created their own worst sworn enemy by ****ing me over. I am like a bitey terrier now whenever someone brings evidence of this council's unfailing f*cking incompetence to my attention, (and they do)

As for the second one...
http://www.electriciansforums.net/chit-chat-off-topic/2067-criminal-record-post14448.html#post14448
like I say I just can't stop m'self sometimes. If something's wrong then I am at the front of the queue thumping the desk of whoever is responsible, don't care who they are or what job title/legal position they hold. Doesn't impress me one iota. If they're wrong I f*cking tell them, often at direct cost to me self. Don't care anymore, I still tell 'em. Someone's got to do it and it looks like I've ended up in life as one of those 'someones'.

Yeah, thought that one might end up biting me in the arse Rich :)

IT WAS A JOKE!!!

Could you elaborate on them both please Carter?

Bane! For crying out loud when are you gonna realise that it is a mistake to ask Carter to elaborate on anything! Our servers are struggling with the epic posts he submits. I can hear the cogs grinding to a halt in Canary Wharf as I write!

I once sent 240 down a 24v beldon that was linking an addressable emergency lighting system on the shopfloor at Glasgows Big "W". All the overdoor exit signs set on fire!! oohps:eek:

Oh..... and i once dropped a 12mm washer down a little gap down the side of the copper busbar in a new changeover panel.Im gald I was 3 floors away when all the knobs in suits came round for the big change over ceremony!!oohps:eek:

Oh....and letting one of the lads convince us that all the christmas copper would be safe from f*cking theiving gyps c*nts in his back garden.There was over a tonne waiting to be stripped.oohps

Where do i start.... haha was part of a team that backed a magic carpet into a brand new 200k freezer.

evactuated a towerblock in the city of london, causing not one but about 15 fire engines to turn up.

evacuated a huge retail shop in lakeside on opening day.

cant think of many more of the top of my head but sure theres more, none really cost me money more pride haha

Oh....and letting one of the lads convince us that all the christmas copper would be safe from f*cking theiving gyps c*nts in his back garden.There was over a tonne waiting to be stripped.oohps

Did he turn up next week in a new car? just curious.

Stripped out a motor manufacturer's ancient electroplating shop once when an apprentice, just me and a spark. Row after row of baths all fed via 3" SOLID copper busbar, every 10 ft there was a 5lb solid bronze double-bolted coupler, miles of lead sheath armoureds. Their in house mainenance team refused to do it having got suddenly very scrupulous about replacing light bulbs throughout the plant. And when we started into it we could see why.

Every conduit you cut into produced a drain down of chromium green liquid crud that filled the pipe. ffs I expected the hacksaw to start dissolving. So after a week of this sh*t we had a stillage of couplers, 3 pallets of lead armoureds each 5ft high and the jewel in the crown 50+ lengths of the busbar ready for its rendezvous with our flatbed truck. Two happy sparks on poets day? with the thought of a nice little wedge on it's way, job wrapped up? where do you think we went. F*cking expensive pint that was. Maintenance men had the f*cking lot away, they must have been staking us out for days. Four and a half days covered in that sh!te plus the usual crud adhering to all parts of a 60yr old factory. That week I took home £24! b@stards, b@stards, B@STARDS!

Not going back to my last school and smacking my house master and head master in front of everyone at Parents day

Not going back to my last school and smacking my house master and head master in front of everyone at Parents day

What a player:eek:

Did he turn up next week in a new car? just curious.

Stripped out a motor manufacturer's ancient electroplating shop once when an apprentice, just me and a spark. Row after row of baths all fed via 3" SOLID copper busbar, every 10 ft there was a 5lb solid bronze double-bolted coupler, miles of lead sheath armoureds. Their in house mainenance team refused to do it having got suddenly very scrupulous about replacing light bulbs throughout the plant. And when we started into it we could see why.

Every conduit you cut into produced a drain down of chromium green liquid crud that filled the pipe. ffs I expected the hacksaw to start dissolving. So after a week of this sh*t we had a stillage of couplers, 3 pallets of lead armoureds each 5ft high and the jewel in the crown 50+ lengths of the busbar ready for its rendezvous with our flatbed truck. Two happy sparks on poets day? with the thought of a nice little wedge on it's way, job wrapped up? where do you think we went. F*cking expensive pint that was. Maintenance men had the f*cking lot away, they must have been staking us out for days. Four and a half days covered in that sh!te plus the usual crud adhering to all parts of a 60yr old factory. That week I took home £24! b@stards, b@stards, B@STARDS!

**** happens at least the gippos didnt get the blame;)

drilling a water pipe in scotland yard then guy i worked for pressed manual release on halon system trying to get into computer room at oxford city council!

Reply to expensive mistakes in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock