Discuss Fiesta Electric locks mystery in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Davhill55

DIY
Reaction score
Good evening all,

New (old) boy with an absolute cracker that's already fused my brain.

For my sins, I have a kit car, based on a 1994 mark 3.5 Fiesta XR2i.
I want to get the central locking working and it isn't playing.

If I try using the key, I can hear electro mechanical grumblings from whichever side I'm trying but this is all.

With it in bits (driver's side), I have the actuator in circuit (5-wire multiplug) and the rotary switch that's operated
by the key in the lock barrel. This has a 3-pin mutiplug).

OK, meter time. On the 3-pin, there is a blue wire and this is continuous with earth. There are also two brown/whites and these are showing a whopping 0.22 volts each.

I reckoned that connecting the brown/whites to the earth should awaken the activator but when I tried this one by one, the activator remained unmoved.

Here's where the mystery deepens On the actuator, there's a moulding with clips that slides. If I slide it by hand, I get the same electrical grumblings each time the slider gets to the end of its travel. It even sort of nudges itself across. as though it's trying to go to a specific place.

Now, I don't have the key fob with buttons but it ought to work on the rotary key switch. I also understand that there's
a central locking/alarm module (comfort module) somewhere. If there is an alarm, it's deathly silent and the module isn't making me at all comfortable.

So, I appear to be missing about 11.78 volts somewhere in the system.

If anyone here has any suggestions.

I've added a couple of snaps to this.

I now have two choices, (a) torch the car or (b) fit an aftermarket kit (looking at Hawk).

If you've had the patience to read this far, thank you for your attention. Constructive suggestions will be welcome.

Attachments

• ACTUATOR OS.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 5
  • ACTUATOR SWITCH OS.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look on a Ford fiesta forum for the 3.5 Fiesta XR2i central locking problem, probably solved before, but must be a better place to look than here.

Reply to Fiesta Electric locks mystery in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock