Discuss Fixing backbox to aircrete / thermalite in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Deleted member 112675

Hello All

When fixing a backbox to soft airated blocks like aircrete etc, do you use special fixings or is a pair of normal brown plugs typically good enough ?

Thanks in advance.

Ive pretty much moved to 1.5" 10s for everything, with red plug unless the head is going to be visible.

Drive in with inpact and nip up by hand, learnt that from cracking surface boxes.

Hello All

When fixing a backbox to soft airated blocks like aircrete etc, do you use special fixings or is a pair of normal brown plugs typically good enough ?

Thanks in advance.
Dampen the hole you have cut for the box:
Drill some fixing holes:
plug and add some long fixing screws:
Whack in some Compo (BRICKIES MUCK) remove long screws. set box in said Compo reset some screws, make sure box is level , fill in the rest of the hole with Compo, wait until Compo has set tighten screws and Bob's yer Uncle, or in this case box fitted.

make box cut out dead tight then fit box with hammer. :p :p :p

I used to use no.8 1 1/2" screws with red plugs.... for years... then I watched another spark plowing screws straight into the blocks with no plug.... that's rough I thought.... but having tried it it holds aswell as plugs! Tends to be rendered in pretty soon after so now that's what I do

Reply to Fixing backbox to aircrete / thermalite in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock