Discuss Flooring Tripping RCD in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

To even suggest disconnecting the earth means you should not be doing any sort of electrical work. It is often said on the forum to 'get an electrician in', this is a prime example of why it is said.

Two options:

1. Disconnect the mat and chop off the conductors so they can never be connected.
2. Rip the whole lot up and start again.

The vast majority of manufacturers will insist on testing at various points of installation to avoid this scenario.

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
I was thinking the OP is the home owner, might be wrong.
I agree, I think they are the home owner.

I understand the risks of electricity and am almost shaking at the thought of one of my grandchildren being electrocuted in my own home, therefore I ensure it is SAFE.

I could not deal with anyone being killed or injured by my own incompetence. let alone one of my loved ones.

but just think all of you, how would you feel if you have managed to save a couple of grand by not re-doing a bad job and your granddaughter paid with her life?

replace the word granddaughter with anyone you feel is going to cause you to breakdown if you killed them.

I will not respond to this thread again, I will end up getting emotional and saying something I shouldn't.

@Jamie Harper you have options here as quoted in several posts in this thread. Your suggestion of removing the protective conductor is not one of them and no member on here will condone this.
Thread closed.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flooring Tripping RCD in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom