Discuss Fluke 1653 fuse in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have a fluke 1653 which gives me a fuse error, but only when voltage is present. Done some research but not found anyone with the same issue... just wondering if it’s time to retire the fluke as I know it’s getting on a bit now...

just seeing if anyone’s had/ seen this before, I’ve tried a new fuse btw.

thanks

don'tknow the flukes, but is it a simple case of connecteng to a live circuit on the wrong range. i.e. trying to do a dead test on live circuit?

Found this on some forum claiming to be for Tricians, not 1653 but may be the same issue,

Found this on some forum claiming to be for Tricians, not 1653 but may be the same issue,

Yeah I did see that but not really the same issue to mine.

My Fluke 1664 has an internal fuse as well as the one just below the battery cover, my previous 1663 also had an internal fuse, don't know if your model is the same?

I have a fluke 1653 which gives me a fuse error, but only when voltage is present. Done some research but not found anyone with the same issue... just wondering if it’s time to retire the fluke as I know it’s getting on a bit now...

just seeing if anyone’s had/ seen this before, I’ve tried a new fuse btw.

thanks
Hi. This is a 'known issue'. It is a software bug/quirk caused by firmware updates. The tester will show a fuse error when the mains is applied. The fuse itself is fine. What has most likely happened is that someone has upgraded the firmware in your tester to a later revision than it was on when it was setup in the factory at the time of manufacture. Fluke call this setup process 'calibration', whereas in the aftermarket, calibration simply means the taking of readings, comparing your tester with known lab standards, a process that Fluke refer to as 'performance verification'. It is also possible that your tester is running on a default set of calibration constants or some that have been transplanted in from another unit. Either way, the correct way forward is to setup/calibrate your tester again, taking it through the same factory procedure as was done when it was 'born'. If this is done with the later firmware loaded it will create a suitable set of new calibration constants and the fuse error will vanish. A poorer solution is to downgrade the firmware to a version that doesn't cause this issue, although really all original 165X's (not B/C) should be running v1.17 digital and v.1.11 analog(ue).

Reply to Fluke 1653 fuse in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock