Discuss Ford PATS Flash Code 16 55 Plate Ford Fiesta in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,

Long term guest viewer but could do with some advice if that's ok.

As above, 55 plate fiesta 1.4 Style that wont crank.

Immobiliser flashing red led doesnt phase out after ignition turned on. Flash Code 16 (CAN link error between PCM and Instrument Cluster).

Battery is 13v.

Fuses checked behind glove box ( could not see any under the bonnet).

Battery terminals removed and left for a few hours and also cleaned up the ground to the negative terminal from a thick loom nearby.

Removed steering column cover and checked PAT ring around ignition barrel all looks good.

Decided to hook up two different OBD2 readers, but had linking error so tried my laptop with a ELM but software stating 'cannot detect power please check ignition is on' (which it is).

Bit stumped as to the next plan of attack?

Regards

Not sure if it's the same setup but I had a similar problem on a 2006 focus. There were lots of communication faults and Imobiliser issues. Turned out to be bad solder joints on the connector on the instrument cluster (I think the imobiliser on the board in the cluster). I fixed it by reflowing the joints but there are companies that will perform this replair on the instrument cluster. It's fairly simple to remove.

It seemed to be a common fault on the focus but not sure if the fiesta is the same.

Not sure if it's the same setup but I had a similar problem on a 2006 focus. There were lots of communication faults and Imobiliser issues. Turned out to be bad solder joints on the connector on the instrument cluster (I think the imobiliser on the board in the cluster). I fixed it by reflowing the joints but there are companies that will perform this replair on the instrument cluster. It's fairly simple to remove.

It seemed to be a common fault on the focus but not sure if the fiesta is the same.
Hi

Thanks for the reply. It does seem to point the IC.

What I don't understand is why the OBD2 scanner wont connect to ECU?

It's well documented that the OBD2 Scanner shoud still be able to connect even if the immobilser is on.

Just done a check on OBD2 port, battery voltage present pin 16.

Ground continuity on pins 4/5, but NO voltage on pin 7 (KAL). Checked resistance on pin 7, no short.

I will remove IC next and look at solders.

Thanks

Reply to Ford PATS Flash Code 16 55 Plate Ford Fiesta in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock