Discuss Forum now has over 1.5 Million Posts in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Can't believe how well this place has done.

Massive thanks to all the members, and staff, past and present. They're awesome.

Really nice forum to come hang around on these days. No matter what the skill level.

Massive thanks to all the members, and staff, past and present. They're awesome.

Really nice forum to come hang around on these days. No matter what the skill level.
Try some of the other electrical forums, you'll soon see why this one is the best.

I can't help but wonder, given how long the site (and group of sites) has been going, how many members it has and how many posts/thread it has totted up; would it not be beneficial to the site (or group of sites for that matter), to trim the fat so to speak? Think of it like your fridge, you wouldn't keep a pair of bananas from 10 years ago, would you?

There is of course the argument of legacy threads coming in handy for someone when they've googled something and up pops a thread from X years ago that answers thier question, but surely the potential value that post has Vs accumulated cost of storing the vasts amount of data outweigh any benefit to the forum, and just results in higher running costs?

Not my circus, not my monkies, I'm just here for the show.

I don't have an option to like your post,Dan. Not sure why .
???? so heres a few thumbs up.

1.5 million. that's almost as many victims members as covid19.

I can't help but wonder, given how long the site (and group of sites) has been going, how many members it has and how many posts/thread it has totted up; would it not be beneficial to the site (or group of sites for that matter), to trim the fat so to speak? Think of it like your fridge, you wouldn't keep a pair of bananas from 10 years ago, would you?

There is of course the argument of legacy threads coming in handy for someone when they've googled something and up pops a thread from X years ago that answers thier question, but surely the potential value that post has Vs accumulated cost of storing the vasts amount of data outweigh any benefit to the forum, and just results in higher running costs?

Not my circus, not my monkies, I'm just here for the show.

The way the forums work it's sort of fine. The older the thread, the harder it is to find through the forum categories. If Mr Jones comes in via even the very first thread, and deems it now relevant again, they can dig it up for all I mind.

Some show the forums latest 90 days threads only as standard to members, but the others are still there you just adjust a setting for the forum to view them.

I'd rather have it the other way around. You can use the filters for a forum category to trim the fat off if you want.

Forum now has over 1.5 Million Posts 1597871427204 - EletriciansForums.net

I don't have an option to like your post,Dan. Not sure why .
???? so heres a few thumbs up.
Dude that's weird. It's on my to do list for tomorrow. I assume everybody elses posts are fine, just mine?

The way the forums work it's sort of fine. The older the thread, the harder it is to find through the forum categories. If Mr Jones comes in via even the very first thread, and deems it now relevant again, they can dig it up for all I mind.

Some show the forums latest 90 days threads only as standard to members, but the others are still there you just adjust a setting for the forum to view them.

I'd rather have it the other way around. You can use the filters for a forum category to trim the fat off if you want.

View attachment 60252

Dude that's weird. It's on my to do list for tomorrow. I assume everybody elses posts are fine, just mine?
Yes mate, i could like all other replies except yours, but you had received a couple of likes off other members.
[automerge]1597871873[/automerge]
Scrap that Dan, I must have liked it without realising which obviously then removes the like button. Its been a long day ???
[automerge]1597871878[/automerge]
Scrap that Dan, I must have liked it without realising which obviously then removes the like button. Its been a long day ???

Reply to Forum now has over 1.5 Million Posts in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock