Discuss Forum or Page Not Loading - Reporting Thread in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

It has been terrible for me today, seriously terrible, I have had to navigate away from the site then re-load just to send PMs, it doesn't happen anywhere else

imagepng

I've almost given up on this forum and it's "Technical Issues" and all the sleazy posts that are appearing daily.The green EXIT sign above the door is becoming rather attractive.

I am working on this. My working days are down to three days per week at the moment. So I have external firms working on it with me. But we think it might be a compatibility issue with the newer PHP versions we're running, and the old VBSEO that is now obsolete (MyDomain hasn't been online for nearly a year).

So what I'm doing is testing a new SEO software on TilersForums.co.uk, which works well, and I'm ironing out some issues with the way we work the forum and their stock setup.

I didn't want to 'test' it on this forum as it is huge, and rolling it back even a day means we lose hundreds of posts and dozens of threads.

So stick with me lads. I get this error (seems only a small number do, my host can't even replicate it on various machines and internet connections) myself and I know how annoying it is. Especially when you've written a massive post and it goes in the bin.

I also get it, I've kind of accepted it as a fact of life even though it's bloody annoying and has caused me to leave the forum a while back. I had read that it was fixed, obviously not.

We've thought it was fixed a fair few times to be honest Trev. We can get rid of it temporarily but then when it comes back, different people (often more people) have the issue. So we've avoided doing that again and would rather work with those who have the issue to try an eliminate things.

Which I'm struggling with. Seems to be conflict in software causing cache issues.

Could do with you refreshing your cache and rebooting routers and trying again for me, see how it performs.

Re: Forum Glitches

Today @ 16:50

Opera browser

[h=1]This webpage is not available[/h]The connection to www.electriciansforums.co.uk was interrupted.
Check your internet connection.
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.

Allow Opera to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.

If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Opera menu > Settings > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".

Thanks for the report Geordie, I've moved it to this thread to keep them all in the same place. The more of these we can get hopefully the better chance of cross-referencing the server logs and finding the issue.

Reply to Forum or Page Not Loading - Reporting Thread in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net