Discuss Forum or Page Not Loading - Reporting Thread in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks for the report Geordie, I've moved it to this thread to keep them all in the same place. The more of these we can get hopefully the better chance of cross-referencing the server logs and finding the issue.

Thanks Marvo.

I've lost track of all the threads that are stotting about on these issues.

Cache has been cleared yesterday, and routers rebooted.

18:10 Google Chrome, clicking on the new posts button => OOps. reload oops again, reload, page loads.

Also had a fault earlier today but forgot to log it.

Lol, I spoke too soon. The advertising bar is back now.

Mike, I know from other forums i work on or have worked on in the past that depending on how the forum board is set up you can't just dive in and install every update that is released. Some forum boards that carry lots of mods (modifications not Moderators :) ) you've got to wait until the update has been approved by the guys who write the modification software. If the board is carrying 15 or 20 mods then it can be a nightmare because you've got to wait until 15 or 20 different modifications have been proven to be stable with each update. Also there's still a chance that there's a bug that only happens when a particular update is installed on a forum that has specific combination of two or even three modifications installed.

Every time there is a bug then it results in either a complete crash or perhaps just annoyances (like the parsing of the VB or PHP error scripts you mentioned) for the forum users so often forum owners install just the critical security related updates and not the less important updates that get constantly released.

I'm not personally involved in that side of the forum so I don't have specifics about this but I can tell you that with a forum that's as busy as this one it's not quiteas simple as clicking on the update button every time one is released.

**edit**
That problem with the error messages has been fixed by the way. I haven't seen one in the last 4 or 5 days but if you're still getting them please let me know.

21:10 going from a thread back to home page. I just noticed, it seems to happen randomly but if someone gives me a like while I'm navigating that appears to be a trigger.
Hope that helps

13:50, going from email notification to thread"all lights within flat are flickering" 13:52 coming here to post this, after refreshing the quick reply box wasn't there.

This problem was primarily the cause of my "holiday" from this place back in August, I'm actually dismayed that it is still going on.
Someone give me a shout when it actually is resolved and I might come back. Fia condeas......

Reply to Forum or Page Not Loading - Reporting Thread in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net