Discuss Forum or Page Not Loading - Reporting Thread in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Won't allow me to use like or thanks button. Says below every time I press it

cd6e187b3c58a3cb512c34a53323754c.jpg

Whats being done about this lot is it any closer to being fixed ??

I would like to think that there is, but it isn't very obvious.

EDIT:

I've just started trialling yet another browser (Palemoon) to see if it performs any better than the others I've tried (Firexox, Chrome & Opera)

I can't see how it can make any difference but I think it's worth a shot.

I would like to think that there is, but it isn't very obvious.

EDIT:

I've just started trialling yet another browser (Palemoon) to see if it performs any better than the others I've tried (Firexox, Chrome & Opera)

I can't see how it can make any difference but I think it's worth a shot.

Ok ... trialled this Palemoon thing and it's the same old same olg glitch, glitch glitch.

I give up - not bothering to report it now. It makes no difference, nothing changes except my temper and blood pressure.

I've given up reporting, it's happening so often. Nothing appears to be getting done about it because it's been going on for months. Either Dan doesn't know how to get it fixed or he can't be bothered to.

I've given up reporting, it's happening so often. Nothing appears to be getting done about it because it's been going on for months. Either Dan doesn't know how to get it fixed or he can't be bothered to.

Time to clean it, paint it and sell it, then get a new one that works.

Re: Most Used Electrical Suppliers & Electrical Wholesalers

Dan
Could I respectfully suggest that you concentrate your time and energy into sorting out the software problems which continue to plague the site several months after you assured us that they were resolved rather than blatantly chasing advertising revenue as without a viable forum there will be no advertisers.
I appreciate that the running of the site must generate considerable costs which need to be covered somehow and that advertising is a good way to do this, however I think that you should be aware that there is a growing feeling among the members that you are not interested in the problems.
Cheers
Trev.

Re: Most Used Electrical Suppliers & Electrical Wholesalers

Dan
Could I respectfully suggest that you concentrate your time and energy into sorting out the software problems which continue to plague the site several months after you assured us that they were resolved rather than blatantly chasing advertising revenue as without a viable forum there will be no advertisers.
I appreciate that the running of the site must generate considerable costs which need to be covered somehow and that advertising is a good way to do this, however I think that you should be aware that there is a growing feeling among the members that you are not interested in the problems.
Cheers
Trev.

(I'll move these posts to the existing thread in a bit to keep this one on topic)

Hi Trev,

I appreciate your suggestion of time management for me. I really do.

The "Page not Found" issue isn't forum related. We've been trying to find a solution for ages for the members and it appears to be an issue that's existed for ages.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=v...=vbulletin+chrome+"page+not+found"+f5+refresh

The server logs from the testing we've been doing show that there isn't anything going on server wise with any of the IP's of the few members that seem to have the problem repeatedly.

After reading about the issues on many other forums, we can only really see that it's something to do with a whole combination of things. Always vBulletin. Doesn't have to run vBSEO, which we originally thought was contributing.

Opera does it, Chrome does it, various firewalls / anti virus softwares contribute to it, the high security settings on the server contribute to it, extensions in browsers (usually antivirus related ones) seem to contribute to it.

And it appears to simply be a loss in connection between your local machines and the server. But not the server dropping out or anything like that.

Seems to be vBulletin related mostly. So we're considering switching to XenForo (like we've switched HERE and HERE and they don't have the issue).

Rest assured when I'm not posting about it here, I'm still working on it. But changing a forum as big as this isn't something you want to do unless you're really sure. So I'm considering all other options first.

The latest trial was switching VBSEO to DBSEO on TilersForums.co.uk which was done 2 weeks ago. And now I'm testing the knock-on effect of that SEO-wise to see if it's a viable option for such a big forum as this. I don't think it is between you and I. DBSEO is pants. XenForo is the future in forum software it seems.

Anyway, I'll hit you back if I can find a fix for you. But the suggestions I'm finding everybody that's talking about it are always based around trying other browsers, removing extensions, switching anti-virus software, creating a new user on their local machines (a weird suggestion I read just today - probably cache or file permission related) and that sort of jazz.

Please keep threads on topic pal.

No, just that Google Chrome couldn't connect to this place or that it couldn't find the page.

I should probably add to my post above Dan, I'm a member of other fora which use the Vbulletin software and they don't get the problem, or at least they haven't yet

It isn't a problem with all VB forums Trev. But when the problem does appear, it is VB based.

It's to do with a combination of software and settings, or so it seems. The people with issues are running VB. But VB don't say it's their issue. VBSEO didn't say it was theirs (they've closed down now). My host claims it was VBSEO / VB combo', so I've switched VBSEO to DBSEO (a supported totally differently coded SEO product) and still have the issue. So they're scratching their heads again now.

Truth is you can find the issue spoken about online quite a bit, and the threads die off, the problem still persists though the members say.

On our dedicated server we only host forums. A couple of blogs. And we use all forum software types. Invision doesn't have the issue, xenForo doesn't, PHPBB doesn't, MyBB doesn't, vBulletin does. - That company is so crap these days though that they wont touch anything that's not totally stock, and if I show them a totally stock version with the issue (which I have) they claim it's server related.

Get the book passed a lot mate. But rest assured AS I HAVE THE PROBLEM TOO that I am equally annoyed and am on it.

I'm even considering switching all my forums to XF - and one of the outcomes of that could cost me my whole business. So I'm not taking this lightly.

Reply to Forum or Page Not Loading - Reporting Thread in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net