Discuss Forum or Page Not Loading - Reporting Thread in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

I just tried to ad a contribution tot his and got the message "An error occured!"

No mention of what exactly the error is however, but it's happening all too often.

I just tried to ad a contribution tot his and got the message "An error occured!"

No mention of what exactly the error is however, but it's happening all too often.

I'd like to get a list of browser version, anti virus, extensions on your browser, operating system version etc etc etc and tell you a fix, but there isn't one jumping out at us at the moment mate.

The thread originally was to cross reference your IP's with server error logs but 99.9% of the time there's nothing in the logs related to the time or IP's we've been posting using. So it's not server / forum alone.

It's an issue with the connection between your browser and the forum/server. The server has strong security settings and that could be contributing to it but the fact it doesn't happen on other forum software means it isn't that alone. Various browsers do it and various antivirus software is being used when it happens so it's not any single one of those.

I can only ask for your patience while I work around this.

We'll be switching to XF soon enough.

in the lost neutral thread I see glenspark has posted, but when I click on it it keeps flashing and his post is not visible, something is not right in there, there is a bug IMO

I'm messing with settings at the moment mate.

Seeing if I can pull off any last attempts of troubleshooting the issue.

I'd like to get a list of browser version, anti virus, extensions on your browser, operating system version etc etc etc and tell you a fix, but there isn't one jumping out at us at the moment mate.

The thread originally was to cross reference your IP's with server error logs but 99.9% of the time there's nothing in the logs related to the time or IP's we've been posting using. So it's not server / forum alone.

It's an issue with the connection between your browser and the forum/server. The server has strong security settings and that could be contributing to it but the fact it doesn't happen on other forum software means it isn't that alone. Various browsers do it and various antivirus software is being used when it happens so it's not any single one of those.

I can only ask for your patience while I work around this.

We'll be switching to XF soon enough.

Dan

I am an Engineer of the old school and what I know about electronics, I.T. or whatever it's called these days can be written on a penny with a piece of chalk - and that's the way I like it.

Your talk about IP, ISP or whatever means nothing to me and as for logs these to me refer to Logarithmic Tables that we all used before the advent of the Electronic Calculator, or bits of wood that we burn on the fire to keep ourselves warm while a Server is someone who fetches my dinner to my table.

I can tell you that I currently use 1x Desktop machine running Windows XP Pro, 1x Laptop running Windows XP Home edition and have used Opera, Chrome, Firefox browsers and am currently trialling Palemoon browser which is proving to be not much - if any - different to the others.

I am currently using Bullguard Internet Security, but have also used AVG.

Like Trev, I too am a member of other fora/flora/fauna and THIS forum is the ONLY one that gives me problems.

I know stuff went a little crazy the past half hour. But did anybody get the data not loading or page not responding or whatever error while all that went on?

I didn't get the usual issues, just some weird new ones.

Can anybody confirm that?

I was just testing something.

I know stuff went a little crazy the past half hour. But did anybody get the data not loading or page not responding or whatever error while all that went on?

I didn't get the usual issues, just some weird new ones.

Can anybody confirm that?

I was just testing something.

The screen was flashing off & o n and the Forum Sponsor bar kept appearing then disappearing.

Yeah, I was messing with the cache settings to see if it was anything related to that. A suggestion or two I keep coming across relates to cache settings but they've been tweaked and checked and rechecked time and time again. I disabled caching fully to see if I could produce the issue then.

I've just tried to start a new thread on 'chit chat' Dan and it's stateing that I have entered it when I look on my profile, but it is not to be seen. I wouldn't usually bother you with this, but it did take me quite some time to compile?

Cheers..

I've just tried to start a new thread on 'chit chat' Dan and it's stateing that I have entered it when I look on my profile, but it is not to be seen. I wouldn't usually bother you with this, but it did take me quite some time to compile?

Cheers..

Hold shift and press F5 when on the page. It'll reload for you.

Stillhaving serious problems here dan, one minute I am logged out the next I am logged in, all my posts in the last hour have gone and I keep seeing the same like from one member continuously, there is still trouble here, One bit of advice to you, put the site into maintenance mode and reboot the server, then put it back up from 5 oclock today, we may lose a few posts but the site will be stable again, at the moment it is all over the place.

Stillhaving serious problems here dan, one minute I am logged out the next I am logged in, all my posts in the last hour have gone and I keep seeing the same like from one member continuously, there is still trouble here, One bit of advice to you, put the site into maintenance mode and reboot the server, then put it back up from 5 oclock today, we may lose a few posts but the site will be stable again, at the moment it is all over the place.

I too keep getting logged-out.

I don't get logged out now Dan, but I still have slow loading pages, and a couple of times today I have still had to navigate away from the site then back again to get a page to load.

Until now when trying to view the contractors forum
Oops copy.jpg

Okay I think I've just refreshed the databsae table that was causing the slow loading. i'd noticed that. Terrible compared to how fast it should be.

Reply to Forum or Page Not Loading - Reporting Thread in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net