Discuss Fronius Primo 8.2 shutting down above 6000w ac output in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm a homeowner (with not much electrical knowledge...) seeking some advice about an inverter problem. Hope that's ok.
I have a 9.8 kW array which is connected to a Fronius Primo 8.2 inverter. All went well for 4 months until the AC connections in the inverter blew up. I've since had two reconditioned inverters provided by Fronius. The fan on the first replacement inverter ran almost continually and the unit shut down when the ac output went above 6000w, with status message 517, which I understand relates to overheating. The second replacement does essentially the same but with a different message - Error 318. I haven't managed to find anywhere online what this indicates. Fronius have responded to my messages very quickly so no complaint there. But they are now telling me that the error must be to do with the PV array. (I was assured that the 8.2 inverter could handle input from a 9.8 array.) I'd be very grateful for any opinions on how likely this is and what the problem with the array could be or about what else might be going wrong. Many thanks in advance for any comments.

Last edited:

Reply to Fronius Primo 8.2 shutting down above 6000w ac output in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Hello People Our Enphase solar system needs to have the AC supply shut down via the fire alarm contactors local input output unit that has NO &...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, My name is Sid and I am based out of Bengaluru, India. I would like to ask for your help on an issue that I am facing recently...
Replies
Views
I know how I was taught to test a RCD, 6 tests in all two no go, two under 300 mS and 2 under 40 mS with no load. But thinking about it not so...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I'm seeking some advice about a solar PV system we had installed in November 2014 please. After 18 months, we seem to be consistently...
Replies
Views
crossplot
C

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock