Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Full set of 18th ed pocket guides in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

The NICEIC have updated all the pocket guides. the new 18th set is more detailed than the 17th version. There are now around 40 pocket guides. pretty much all the useful bits you use day to day from the regs are on them.
Have included a copy of the pdf from the NICEIC website for those who want a copy. can keep it on your phone for reference when out and about if required.

hope it is of use

Attachments

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

happysteve

-
Arms
Esteemed
I see the NICEIC is not immune to typos, much like the IET publications.

Pocket guide 14 (pdf page 26), the title is incorrect (should be something like, "Sizing of protective conductors - other than bonding conductors - by selection").

Pocket guide 19 (pdf page 36), the title is incorrect (or, arguably, ambiguous)... should be, "Earthing conductor protected against mechanical damage" (protection against corrosion is afforded by the sheath).

Pocket guide 28 (pdf page 51), the table "Application and use of RCDs" is missing:

"AC final circuits supplying luminaires within domestic (household) premises - 411.3.4"

PS Thanks for posting this up :)

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Supporter
Advent Win
Ive been trying to crawl around NICEICs webserver trying to find updated versions so this has saved me some time cheers

Appreciated..thanks.........Does anybody know where i can get a hard copy set of these...im not NIC......

happysteve

-
Arms
Esteemed
Appreciated..thanks.........Does anybody know where i can get a hard copy set of these...im not NIC......
Go to Elex (next one is in Coventry, I think, in September) - they usually have a load available on a stand there.

Reply to Full set of 18th ed pocket guides in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom