Discuss Full set of 18th ed pocket guides in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
The NICEIC have updated all the pocket guides. the new 18th set is more detailed than the 17th version. There are now around 40 pocket guides. pretty much all the useful bits you use day to day from the regs are on them.
Have included a copy of the pdf from the NICEIC website for those who want a copy. can keep it on your phone for reference when out and about if required.

hope it is of use

Attachments

• Pocket guides full set 18th edition_compressed (1).pdf
    4 MB · Views: 785
I see the NICEIC is not immune to typos, much like the IET publications.

Pocket guide 14 (pdf page 26), the title is incorrect (should be something like, "Sizing of protective conductors - other than bonding conductors - by selection").

Pocket guide 19 (pdf page 36), the title is incorrect (or, arguably, ambiguous)... should be, "Earthing conductor protected against mechanical damage" (protection against corrosion is afforded by the sheath).

Pocket guide 28 (pdf page 51), the table "Application and use of RCDs" is missing:

"AC final circuits supplying luminaires within domestic (household) premises - 411.3.4"

PS Thanks for posting this up :)

Appreciated..thanks.........Does anybody know where i can get a hard copy set of these...im not NIC......

Go to Elex (next one is in Coventry, I think, in September) - they usually have a load available on a stand there.

Reply to Full set of 18th ed pocket guides in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Eh up :) I've done some new PDF forms for BS7671 18th Edition Amendment 2 2022 (the Big Brown Book), based on the IET model forms. You can fill...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have 5 books for sale... BS7671 18th Edition BS7671 On Site Guide Guidance Note 3 Inspection & Testing Part P Building Regs EV...
Replies
Views
The IET have put the pdf file on the IET website for the final version 1st Amendment of 18th Edition. Do you recall them saying it will be free...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock