Discuss General rant about the standards of driving these days! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

i don't get many problems. when they see a 15 year old van with a few dents and triple airhorns coming at them at 60mph, they usually get out of my way.
When I read that I thought it said 'a 15 year old with a van' :D

Thanks moley, been better if I’m honest...didn’t mean to hijack ya thread but you can’t let a near death experience get in the way of a good joke can you ha ha
Near death experience and a joke? You sound like you are talking about getting married :confused:

Ahhhhhh.... Nothing like a good rant about other drivers. My pet peeve at the moment is with the growing number of young men in my area who think nothing of overtaking 3 or 4 cars at a time on residential streets, sometimes whilst on their mobile.

And usually with an exhaust that sounds like a 747 at take off :mad:

How do youngsters afford the cars they drive? When I passed my test I had a 10 year old Mini - old type Mini.

Many moons ago I filled in with a delivery driver job. White van man. Spent the first week tearing my hair out, swearing, threatening and shouting 'til I was hoarse. Then I thought wtf am I doing I am killing myself with stress. So I settled down and got on with the job stopped shouting and surrendered to the fact that there are bad drivers and just waited patiently and quietly and went about my business. It really was such a relief and the lesson learnt has stood me well 'til now, stress free driving.

Well i had a bottom clenching moment yesterday. Was travelling North on M1 Northampton, traffic was dire and been crawling along for nearly 45 minutes when it cleared and 4 lanes of frustrated drivers accelerated like Star ship enterprise. I was towing a trailer and when i put my footdown, i was really struggling to get above 25mph. Now the traffic behind me was going mental, lorries pipping and farting.. etc etc. At this point i just dropped a gear and floored it.....got up to 30mph and the car started shaking like a good um... No hard shoulder .... at this point a small turtles head also tried to leave the vehicle.
I managed to eventually get off at the next junction, thinking i had a puncture or the trailer had lost its wheels.... but no the ABS had decided my journey was over and locked the front left hand brake solid, it was rather hot when i stopped.......
Apologise for the inconvenience caused to M1 drivers yesterday at 2pm

i don't get many problems. when they see a 15 year old van with a few dents and triple airhorns coming at them at 60mph, they usually get out of my way.
Yes it’s funny how when driving a large van, it has that effect on other drivers:D

Reply to General rant about the standards of driving these days! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock