Discuss Generator Circuit Breaker in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

speedtronic

For a synchronizing circuit breaker of some turbo generator, what should be the location of thr isolator? I mean should it be on generator side i.e. before circuit breaker or at the opposite side i.e. after circuit breaker? What I have observed so far is the Ist case i.e. on generator side but theoratically how it should be? please explain

Hi

The isolator is always positioned upstream of the CB. That way the sync system can be shut off entirely for that geney should a problem occur with that particular set.

Reply to Generator Circuit Breaker in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. We have a 120v 20 amp circuit to an accessory dwelling with a run of about 75' of direct bury #12. The breaker keeps tripping even when...
Replies
Views
I recently purchased a rural property in Arizona. The property receives power from APS, the local electric utility. Power arrives from the...
Replies
Views
Background Two weeks ago, lightning struck a tree in our yard. Many circuits tripped and several electronic devices failed. There was a strong...
Replies
Views
Hello. So, I would like to know how I can choose the correct circuit breaker value when doing a new installation. My example is: I have 16...
Replies
Views
Before I pay an electrician to come check my work, I thought it worth a post here. I don't want to pay the cost of a small car for a whole-house...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock