Discuss Going rate for newly qualified Electrician? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm currently trying to move companies and one has gotten back to me and asked what sort of hourly rate I want, the problem is, is that I don't know what would be a fair price to say as I'm not sure on the going rates.

I've been qualified for a couple if months, a van will be supplied and I'll be on the books, it's all types of work ranging from domestic to industrial and it's in the Midlands, so not London prices.

Thanks in advance

Hi all, I'm currently trying to move companies and one has gotten back to me and asked what sort of hourly rate I want, the problem is, is that I don't know what would be a fair price to say as I'm not sure on the going rates.

I've been qualified for a couple if months, a van will be supplied and I'll be on the books, it's all types of work ranging from domestic to industrial and it's in the Midlands, so not London prices.

Thanks in advance
Ask them what they are offering, the Terms and conditions etc, up to you then.

Really difficult one to answer. When I first qualified I had virtually no on site experience, so worked for just under minimum wage for a spark to gain that experience.

You know your worth better than me.

It’s important you are happy with the wage and the employer is happy that they are getting the best out of you for th3 money you are paid.

If you think you have value ask for £20 hour.

If you think you are going to benefit from the experience ask for £12-£15 per hour with the option of the wage going up in 6 months if it’s deemed your are worth it.

Location is another aspect.

JIB rates are a good measure but nearly no one adhere to them any more.
[automerge]1568215269[/automerge]
Really difficult one to answer. When I first qualified I had virtually no on site experience, so worked for just under minimum wage for a spark to gain that experience.

You know your worth better than me.

It’s important you are happy with the wage and the employer is happy that they are getting the best out of you for th3 money you are paid.

If you think you have value ask for £20 hour.

If you think you are going to benefit from the experience ask for £12-£15 per hour with the option of the wage going up in 6 months if it’s deemed your are worth it.

Location is another aspect.

JIB rates are a good measure but nearly no one adhere to them any more.

£15 p/h if you are getting a van and tools supplied

£20 p/h if not

£20 an hour. They can always knock you down... My Current employer asked me what would be a suitable annual Salary? I asked $20,000 more a year than what they were offering. So I asked them what perks they were offering. That made up for that $20,000 buffer to the initial wage I wanted.
I won’t give you exact figures as they are in Aussie Dollars.

If we are talking annual salary . The last time I was cards in was way back in 2009 and was on £30,000 + fully expensed company van for a straight 37 hour working week.
So with wage inflation would probably be more like £35,000-£36,000 in today’s money? This was London wages.

I must say it was quite nice to have the guaranteed wages drop in my bank every month...

I remember when £10 ph was the norm for a qualified sparks

Imo £15 is reasonable now once qualified ,

you can even get £11.50 an hour now working in Aldi

Reply to Going rate for newly qualified Electrician? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock