Discuss Going self-employed in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jazzypeter

Hi all. Just starting out on my own. Plagued with thoughts of getting my name out there, giving fair competitive quotes, providing a good service and getting my website up and running, as well as all the rest of the paperwork that I have to put in place. It seems a bit like walking through a minefield, waiting for something to go off unexpected. Any tips would be much appreciated.

cheers

Hi Peter,

Its a bit like that at the moment considering the current economic climate.

Maybe get some flyers printed up and drop them into your local estate and letting agents etc. They can be a good source of work.

Good luck!

Contact your local business link its FREE and gives you all the advice and help you need everything from tax to marketing.

Good luck

Chris

my local business link is more than 60 miles away so thats not so local:mad:

im starting out soon myself just trying to get my head round it got the napit forms now waiting for the niceic forms they are not that helpful though

I was on my first business link course last night, and I can highly recommend it. It was only a general introduction to being self employed but I found it really useful and i'm sure anyone else whos never been self employed before would too.

Estate agents looks a good idea cheers for that Jason.

i made my website on microsoft office live, and bought the domain name for less than a tenner.

i shopped around for webhosting and domain names and this was by far the best and easiest option.

good luck.

Reply to Going self-employed in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock