Discuss Good afternoon from an overcast Mullion Cove. I am a retired Radio TV radio telephone engineer. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spiff1

DIY
Reaction score
I spend a lot of time renovating vintage broadcast radios, military radio and test equipment.
At present adding panels to our off grid installation.
The balcony railings are now full of panels : ) so the state roof is next.
Alanna and I replace the flat roof with EPDM and re-slated the remains of the slate roof a couple of years back.
I do not wish to take a slate ripper to it so am looking for Roof Limpets.
I have read all the discussions on various forums about drilling holes in slates, but have decided this is the way we wish to go : )
It is only a small section of slate left and simple to get at from the flat section.
Obtaining the Limpets is the problem.
Has anyone 20 or so left over : )
We would pf course pay postage and the other cost upfront.
Thank you for your time .
God Bless Allen and Alanna hook-1.jpgROOF2.jpgAlanna.jpg

welcome to the forum.
unfortunately the only type of limpet I know is the sort that stick to the bottom of a boat.
you are more than welcome to collect as many as you want but I don't think it will help your project.
Sorry I cant be more helpful.

welcome to the forum.
unfortunately the only type of limpet I know is the sort that stick to the bottom of a boat.
you are more than welcome to collect as many as you want but I don't think it will help your project.
Sorry I cant be more helpful.
Thank you anyway James, they would not keep still long enough : )

I have found some but still short for all the panels, we shall keep trying.
The manufactures will only sell to trade, and if you pay for a quite expensive training course, even though they have an installation video online.
They are a lot less intrusive to the roof and simple to fit.
God Bless Spiff1

Good afternoon AvoMk8,

I have one on my radio workshop bench : )

Thank you for the link, I have contacted the gentleman to see if he will post to the UK.

I had not heard of the site before, it apears to be for sellers in Irland not the UK.

God Bless

Good afternoon AvoMk8,

I have one on my radio workshop bench : )

Thank you for the link, I have contacted the gentleman to see if he will post to the UK.

I had not heard of the site before, it apears to be for sellers in Irland not the UK.

God Bless

Done Deal is like an Irish version of Gumtree.

I guess that probably means the seller expects local collection then!

Not always. I don't imagine there's a huge market for these things, so they might be prepared to make an effort to get rid of them. Biggest problem could be cost of delivery if they're relying on postal services.

Not always. I don't imagine there's a huge market for these things, so they might be prepared to make an effort to get rid of them. Biggest problem could be cost of delivery if they're relying on postal services.
Not a lot of people like the idea of drilling holes in the roof, but Alanna will sit in the loft with a bucket when it rains : )

Just to thank you again for your help.
Mark was a really nice gentleman, he insisted on having them delivered before he would take payment : )
Even driving to Northern Ireland to post them, he also discounted and paid for the postage because of some seals and bolts he had found missing.
The original company will not even supply parts, without their training course.
Next on the list is side fixing rails, then a winch to help Alanna get them up on the roof : )
If anyone has some seals or and long roof fixing bolts it would be great, if not there will be some online, just a matter of sorting it.
God Bless Allen and Alanna

Reply to Good afternoon from an overcast Mullion Cove. I am a retired Radio TV radio telephone engineer. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock