Discuss Got £349.00 Plus VAT To Waste? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

JK-Electrical

Politically Incorrect
Electrician's Arms
Jeez ..... this guy really gets on my nerves. He seems to spend more time making videos than he does working. And that bloody voice ...... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Here he is waxing-lyrical about a piece of kit that will set you back just under £420.00. I wonder how much his latest sponsor bunged him to talk-up this non-essential product. Although this tool might be useful for sparks who do lots of new builds, I wouldn't think that there will be a stampede among the rest of us to buy a Quadsaw. I'll be sticking with my trusty padsaw.

Wilko

Electrician's Arms
If I've read correctly the times for 4 boxes at the end of the clip :
- padsaw 4 minutes (which is faster than me to be fair)
- attachment 2 minutes
So £400 for 30 seconds saved per box. At say £25 per hour wages, that's - 400/25x60x2 = 1,920 back boxes to break even.
My worst nightmare :)

Last edited:

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
If I've read the times for 4 boxes correctly at the end
- padsaw 4 minutes (which is faster than me to be fair)
- attachment 2 minutes
So £400 for 30 seconds saved per box. At say £25 per hour wages, that's -
400/25x60x2 = 1,920 back boxes to break even. My worst nightmare :)
it's far too early to dispute your maths on that, so i gave you an "agree", but if you add in the time he took waffling about it , more like 1,920,000 boxes.

rsgaz

Regular EF Member
I bought a very cheap 100mm multitool blade, and cut the sides off with tin snips...
100mmmultitoolblade.jpg

Perfect squares every time!

I did this in the past with a proper Bosch blade, but the 88mm blade means it can't plunge full depth in the corners, the nose of the tool touches the wall first. (the genuine blades can't be cut with tin snips, that's for sure!!)

Plasterboard is abrasive, so it won't last forever, but it's only £1.40 each time.

MFS Electrical

Forum Mentor
Jeez ..... this guy really gets on my nerves. He seems to spend more time making videos than he does working. And that bloody voice ...... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Here he is waxing-lyrical about a piece of kit that will set you back just under £420.00. I wonder how much his latest sponsor bunged him to talk-up this non-essential product. Although this tool might be useful for sparks who do lots of new builds, I wouldn't think that there will be a stampede among the rest of us to buy a Quadsaw. I'll be sticking with my trusty padsaw.
Your just disappointed you didn’t win his van aren’t you :p

I have watched some of his videos and I’ll admit some are a load of carp but some of them are actually quite good:oops:
Maybe I’ll create my own channel on YouTube a cross between him, Rab C Nesbitt, electroboom and the crazy Russian hacker.
Welcome back to my shed where safety is number 1 priority *large electrical explosion ensues and I emerge from the cloud of smoke looking like elsparko*o_O

rsgaz

Regular EF Member
That video is very odd MFS, why/how does he put the blade on his palm at 1:10?! It's as if they've oversized the holes in the blade mounting plate so it doesn't oscillate much on purpose!

MFS Electrical

Forum Mentor
That video is very odd MFS, why/how does he put the blade on his palm at 1:10?! It's as if they've oversized the holes in the blade mounting plate so it doesn't oscillate much on purpose!
That’s possible..... I also noticed the hole does seem very slightly out of square but an accessory should cover it.
I think I need to do more research might buy one myself just to see how it goes

Corbs

Regular EF Member
Your just disappointed you didn’t win his van aren’t you :p

I have watched some of his videos and I’ll admit some are a load of carp but some of them are actually quite good:oops:
Maybe I’ll create my own channel on YouTube a cross between him, Rab C Nesbitt, electroboom and the crazy Russian hacker.
Welcome back to my shed where safety is number 1 priority *large electrical explosion ensues and I emerge from the cloud of smoke looking like elsparko*o_O
you know he made just over 8.5k off that :D

MFS Electrical

Forum Mentor
you know he made just over 8.5k off that :D
Yeah although according to the terms and conditions no less than 75% will go towards the NICEIC bursary fund (of which details are not yet available)
I take it some will go to him and some to the crowdfunding platform...
To be fair it does seem like his heart was in the right place with that and hopefully the van has went to someone who it will make a difference to. but I can’t help but think there may have been more deserving causes that could have done with the money....

Gavin John Hyde

Electrician's Arms
If you got a multi tool, why not just use your existing blades. admittedly they look somewhat useful. i would like to see a square cutter for tiles with diamond tip blades. then i might be tempted.

Corbs

Regular EF Member
Yeah although according to the terms and conditions no less than 75% will go towards the NICEIC bursary fund (of which details are not yet available)
I take it some will go to him and some to the crowdfunding platform...
To be fair it does seem like his heart was in the right place with that and hopefully the van has went to someone who it will make a difference to. but I can’t help but think there may have been more deserving causes that could have done with the money....
which is a good way , im dubious what niceic will do with it :D

MFS Electrical

Forum Mentor
If you got a multi tool, why not just use your existing blades. admittedly they look somewhat useful. i would like to see a square cutter for tiles with diamond tip blades. then i might be tempted.
After a night sitting up watching a shopping channel - don’t ask:rolleyes: I talked my dad into buying me an Exact saw back when I was still a little apprentice. Best thing by far I’ve ever came across for cutting out tiles to fix boxes it’s absolutely superb even has a handy hose to attach to a Hoover. I’ve tried the multi tool on tiles but it is like using a blunt chisel to try and carve a pattern on a piece of wood possible but frustrating and time consuming get the 10+ year old exact saw out and your done in under a minute with a perfect finish :handok: of course I’ve removed the black guard and only ever use the tile blade but it has paid for itself 10x over particularly since my dad bought it for me and I used it to install sockets in his kitchen;)
Exakt EC320 Hand Saw with 5 Blades & V-Guard Attachment Plus 10 Extra Blades (440911) | Ideal World - https://m.idealworld.tv/gb/Product/440911/exakt-ec320-hand-saw-with-5-blades-vguard-attachment-plus-10-extra-blades?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8suguevF3gIVFJ7VCh1Dbg17EAQYASABEgJDvfD_BwE

Last edited:

Electrician Talk