Discuss Grand Tour in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Watched it yesterday and I have to say it was worth the wait, Clarkson, Hammond & May were all in fine form in my opinion and it once again cemented it for me that they were always bigger than the show and can now go anywhere in the world and recreate the Magic.
Apparently, the opening scene cost something like 2.5 Million. I have always been a huge fan of the trio so nobody will convince me otherwise. There were a couple of really small cheesy bits but I forgave them that and it could have just been me.
Who else watched it and what are your thoughts.

Signed up to Amazon prime last week, have to say have not watched the Grand Tour yet but the Prime service is amazing, UHDTV, free online photo storage service, fast delivery from amazon and amazon music etc etc, I paid £59 for 12 months on a promotion, well impressed! Saving Grand Tour to Sunday evening, will give me review then:)

I agree, just blokey and irreverant enough. Grand cars, the usual pi55 taking and a huge two fingers up to the BBC who must be cursing their stupidity.
I'm looking forward to the Clarkson house episode...........

I thought it was ok but the magic has gone.

The dead celebrity thing just wasn't funny, the test track humour was a bit lame too.

I must be the only one that didn't find the old show amusing. I used to, but there's only so many ridiculous stunts or fast cars you can watch. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing cars being driven fast (F1 fan eek!), but don't see the point of a car that's of capable of 200mph & designed to be driven on public roads. I found May quite amusing in his own shows, but not with the other two. Clarkson lives in the 'Chipping Norton Set', and has local reputation of being a bit of a knob.

Anyhow, as I haven't Amazon Prime, but prescribe to the other rip off broadcaster, it's no skin off my nose. Come back Tiff Needell :rolleyes:

Well I have just watched the 3rd installment which is back on home soil and I have to say I am still loving it, I can't help but love the Bond that the 3 of them clearly have.

Well…you are an episode ahead of me. But I thought episode 2 was a bit, well, average.

Hopefully #3 will up the ante. I'll be back with my thoughts. :bluecar:Trabi:bluecar:

Totally agree ep 2 was a bit mundane with the special forces scene, but for me as a fan this week is back to the good days. Without spoiling anything it's back to nice cars and annoying each other.

I'm pretty sure They are wealthy enough with or without it mate, it said after top gear ended for them that they never needed to work again if they chose not too.

I'm pretty sure They are wealthy enough with or without it mate, it said after top gear ended for them that they never needed to work again if they chose not too.
'Greed's a terrible thing'. Think Clarkson got a divorce to pay for :)

Reply to Grand Tour in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock