Discuss H07 cable in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Farmelectrics

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just a quickie can anyone see a problem with running 2 20metres of ho7 high tuff rubber cable in to supply 2 125amp DBS the cable will be mounted surface in basket the reason I ask have always used swa cable for this but the guy were working for tomorrow said its better and easy to work with but it has no mechanical protection I said and he said yes it has it's mounted in cable basket your thoughts please

Need a mentioned it to the guy Friday originally it was going in trunking which was ok but now cos he's got a load of spare cable basket he's using it i mean it's tuff stuff it's in a photo studio area but something tells me it should be swa but what the hell it's his job follow your last order

Can't see much of a problem myself.used to use hi tuf quite bit back in the day and your right it is tough stuff alright.it was kinda marketed as an upmarket alternative to t&e if my memory is correct.i used to use it for sub mains in big houses and 20 years on they are as good as new when I've been back.

Hi-tuff was marketed decades ago as a good replacement for swa where that level of protection wasn't needed. Used loads of it in industry back in the 80's and I can't see a problem if it is out of the way, above ground in traywork.

it was bit of a barry white to terminate/run when it was cold though.
we used to have a hi tuff stripper sorta like a predecessor to a jokari stripper between 14 of us.
it was always a battle to find who's toolbox it was in when the boss gave you a load of hi tuf to install.i actually quite liked it. it could look quite good if you had something to run it on and dress the cables to.

Reply to H07 cable in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock