CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss HDMI re-terminating - Broken connector in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rob Taylor

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hdmi's sunk in wall. Whilst customer put TV on the wall, with hdmi's connected, they moved TV too far out and pulled the crimps out of the connector. Cheap hdmi's!!!
anyone know if they can be reterminated??? near camberley, Surrey if anyone can do it?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Easy peasy, buy a connector and solder it on, just a little belling out to identify what goes where.

I'm in the area if you come unstuck, just drop me a PM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R

Rob Taylor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for your help guys, father in law used to do military grade so will get him on it if I struggle. Didn't want to splice and haven't seen the soldered connectors. Will have a look.
cheers Dave will let you know if struggling

Richard Burns

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
My link on the word You is to rapid electronics.
At least with screw terminals if they do it again it is an easy repair!

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Thanks for your help guys, father in law used to do military grade so will get him on it if I struggle. Didn't want to splice and haven't seen the soldered connectors. Will have a look.
cheers Dave will let you know if struggling
No worries, I have finally been reunited with my good soldering iron today after someone borrowed it for five minutes about six months ago

Reply to HDMI re-terminating - Broken connector in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom