Discuss Health and saftey in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mogga

as self employed who would be responsable to HSE if something happens? Inlaws builder was doing roof on barn other day and he fell through an unsupported sheet the Sis inlaw had HSE asking her allsorts of questions @ 7pm she doesnt have any teck knowlage and is a bit worried that as client Hse may come back at her??

as self employed who would be responsable to HSE if something happens? Inlaws builder was doing roof on barn other day and he fell through an unsupported sheet the Sis inlaw had HSE asking her allsorts of questions @ 7pm she doesnt have any teck knowlage and is a bit worried that as client Hse may come back at her??

What was the actual job he was doing?

Trouble with the HSE if they think they can get a conviction they will try

Is this a private property or commercial premises as this may dictate the way the HSE investigate

there in lies the problem no one realy "managing" it builder was asked to erect barn just a wee local builder who I doubt had any experiance of CDM as hes to small

Best thing to do is state builder was asked to do the job as he was the expert and would advise what and if anything was required. Least said the better.

Chris

there in lies the problem no one realy "managing" it builder was asked to erect barn just a wee local builder who I doubt had any experiance of CDM as hes to small

Surely the would be planning permission for the erection of this barn?

Someone has to be managing it as when the HSE have finished their investigation the builder and houseowner will probably find themselves both in the dock.

Hi

think both might be on a sticky wicket, as both have responsibiliy. if a project is to take longer than 500 man hours to complete then under CDM the hse have to be notified and a CDM health and safety file compiled. sorry for the bad news. but as you can see not just cowboys in this industry.:eek:

Reply to Health and saftey in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net