Discuss heatrae sadia electromax boiler problem in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dye29

hy all just got my first home and it has a heatrae sadia electromax boiler in well after turning it on for most of day everything seems to be working ok just the radiators are only luke warm and so is taps its not getting to temp even though i have thermostat set in room to 30 degrees i drop the temp and boilerkicks off so the thermo seems to work just not getting upto max heat any idea what i can do or is it me missing something please try and help guys im pennyless now the bank took my deposit lol

The heating and hot water systems should be separate so it is odd that they are both not heating.
The hot water should use off peak electricity so may not heat the tank up until night time, unless you use the boost heater.

Re the hot water - Is the off peak circuit switched on? Has your electricity supplier "turned" on your off peak supply?

I investigated a similar "report" recently and found the off peak isolator had been turned off by the tenant!

As Tel said above where is the flow temp dial set? The minimum setting is 65 and the highest setting is 80. This boiler provides heating and mains pressure hot water so wouldn't of thought its anything to do with on/off peak etc. Also make sure the switch on the boiler is in the position of the tap and radiator symbol.

Edit: Also if you have any, are the thermostatic rad valves turned up/on?

Last edited:
hy thanks for all reply's , ive been fiddling today and what i can tell you it has a room thermostat on wall which is set correctly and turned upto 30 degress also it has a timer dial next to boil after setting that up correctly i now have hot water but still luke warm radiators, i have bled them but they were ok , they are turned up fully too and for the boiler all power switches to boiler are on and tap and rad switch are on the flow temp is set too max as instructions say i just cant figure this out , could the thermostat in boiler for heating be stuck half open so not getting fully hot ?

The derivation of the fault may be too complex to determine over the internet.
Is the pump running?
Is the by pass valve operating and just circulating water round the boiler?
Are the flow and return isolating valves open and operable?
Are the boiler elements still functional?
Is the tun dish passing water?
Are there any alarms on the boiler?
Have any of the fuses blown in the boiler?

All basic approaches that could be checked; have you tried reading the installation manual and going through fault finding?

fuses ok , no water through tundish,no alarms, flow and return seems ok and the bypass i havnt a clue unfort , when i touch the pipes on the boiler there only getting luke warm too , just for the info i dont think i said but the prperty has been sat empty for few months so does it just take few days for it all to heat up steady i dont no much about this system as far as im aware the tank slowly heats up for taps and the boost switch heats a little tank up on top for taps and the heating is from another tank on right side ?

If there is no heat being generated by the boiler, no alarms on the boiler, the pump is running and the boiler is not held off from operating by a timer, control, fuse or setting then the boiler is not working.
Presumably one or two elements on the boiler have failed and you are only getting partial heating of the radiator water.

The system should be instant for heating and for hot water will take about an hour for the boost to provide a sink full of hot water and about 3 hours for the off peak heater to fully heat the whole tank.
heatrae sadia electromax boiler problem heatrae sadia bit - EletriciansForums.net

ive been playin at the house today with it , first of all should the rads get hot that you struggle to touch because i had system on today for a good 7hrs and the rads got fairley warm but not red hot , i have a room thermostat and a timer thingy with pins one other thing on this boiler we have been turning it off from the mains on a night do i leave this on and leave the rad and tap button switched on or turn the lot off

I have a Heatrae Sadia Electromax Cylinder and it seems to be working well. I have had it for quite a few years. Recently during the night although hot water and central heating is off I have been hearing strange noises coming from where the cylinder is situated. There is a "swooshing" noise which does not last for long. It sounds like sometthing comes on and then goes off. Occasionally there is a noise like a thud which can be quite alarming. I do have my cylinder serviced and feel it is ok. However as the cylinder is in a cupboard in my bedroom it is quite worrying when I hear these noises. Does it have anything to do with the expansion joint, water etc.

Reply to heatrae sadia electromax boiler problem in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock