Discuss HELLO in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net

YES I did. I jut checked it a few minutes ago. a loose connection on the breaker screw

Thanks guys. I hate freaking wires
30 years ago, I was laying under a kitchen sink {new Construction} hooking it up and the wire to the disposal zapped my ear . I jumped up and chased that damn sparky all over the house and into the yard. we became good friends after that

YES I did. I jut checked it a few minutes ago. a loose connection on the breaker screw

30 years ago, I was laying under a kitchen sink {new Construction} hooking it up and the wire to the disposal zapped my ear . I jumped up and chased that damn sparky all over the house and into the yard. we became good friends after that
Have you turned the air conditioning on yet to verify it’s fixed

Frodo have you check your connections yet. I have a 3 ton unit myself and my lights don’t flickers it’s not a big load. I suspect that your problem is in your main panel
[automerge]1568371901[/automerge]

How are doing today Pete
Oh so so, thanks for asking.
[automerge]1568378593[/automerge]
Have you turned the air conditioning on yet to verify it’s fixed
Glad you fixed it, not a loose Fire Nut then?:):D:cool:

That's why we do thorough testing over here!

That's why we do thorough testing over here!
DPG are you saying that we don’t do no kind of testing. We are not that reckless and if I wire something or do service calls I guarantee you that I know without a doubt there will be no problems. I know what I’m doing do you
[automerge]1568382086[/automerge]
DPG are you saying that we don’t do no kind of testing. We are not that reckless and if I wire something or do service calls I guarantee you that I know without a doubt there will be no problems. I know what I’m doing do you
I have been doing electrical work for 32 years and don’t insult my intelligence, we do have our share of dumb asses just like y’all

I have been doing electrical work for 32 years and don’t insult my intelligence, we do have our share of dumb asses just like y’all
Yeah we certainly have our fair share Mw, although and I'm not including your good self, most of the YOUTUBE VIDS of US electricians, don't appear to have any test instruments in their tool kits, as well as not appearing to do any actual testing, you knoe hook it up and switch on scenario, could this be that only the DAs you speak of publish YOUTUBE VIDS?? or, I suppose it's a case of the few spoiling the reputations and competences of the many, which I hope fervently is the later case.

Last edited:

I'm only going on what people, including yourself, have said about testing (particularly a thread about lack of earth loop impedance testing) and also views on there being no instances of loose connections causing fires.
[automerge]1568382800[/automerge]
And of course the OP's new build wiring can't have had a thorough inspection & test.

I'm only going on what people, including yourself, have said about testing (particularly a thread about lack of earth loop impedance testing) and also views on there being no instances of loose connections causing fires.
[automerge]1568382800[/automerge]
And of course the OP's new build wiring can't have had a thorough inspection & test.
We ground everything and just how hard can that be. The USA is a lot more simple than the UK when it’s grounded it’s grounded and I stand by my work if you think we don’t know what we’re doing come on over and show us how

We ground everything and just how hard can that be. The USA is a lot more simple than the UK when it’s grounded it’s grounded and I stand by my work if you think we don’t know what we’re doing come on over and show us how

I'm not talking about whether you ground things though.

Megawatt, I was trying to point out that the post you took offence to was actually replying to someone else. Calm down a bit and re read the thread.

Yeah we certainly have our fair share Mw, although and I'm not including your good self, most of the YOUTUBE VIDS of US electricians, don't appear to have any test instruments in their tool kits, as well as not appearing to do any actual testing, you knoe hook it up and switch on scenario, could this be that only the DAs you speak of publish YOUTUBE VIDS?? or, I suppose it's a case of the few spoiling the reputations and competences of the many, which I hope fervently is the later case.
Pete I can’t speak for you tube people or any body else but I have a fluke meter, 2 meggers, rotation meter, and an AMP probe plus 2 more meters that I just have for spares

Pete I can’t speak for you tube people or any body else but I have a fluke meter, 2 meggers, rotation meter, and an AMP probe plus 2 more meters that I just have for spares
Ma I'm not questioning you. it was/is more a general observation from limited resources regarding US Electricians, certainly not saying that testing is better or worse than what occurs in the UK, not taking sides either.

Reply to HELLO in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net