Discuss help designing circuit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

flukey

-
Reaction score
i have to put in a 20amp feed to a firemans switch that will isolate neon sign transformers.
the run is approx 100 metres from db to firemans swich position.
doing cable calcs the cable works out silly size.
there is a perforated tray from db to front of store with many other circuits already on.
am i right in saying that by incorporating a contactor i can reduce cable size somewhat??
any guidance very much appreciated on this one please. ;)

i have to put in a 20amp feed to a firemans switch that will isolate neon sign transformers.
the run is approx 100 metres from db to firemans swich position.
doing cable calcs the cable works out silly size.
there is a perforated tray from db to front of store with many other circuits already on.
am i right in saying that by incorporating a contactor i can reduce cable size somewhat??
any guidance very much appreciated on this one please. ;)

I've never done a fremans switch, but i would be considering a contactor, and switching the contactor via an inline firemans switch with Aux...

Hope this helps, or do i need help!.
Thanks anyway

Reply to help designing circuit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, I'm Currently doing my design calcs for my college project and doing the actual Zs calculation. Formula is Zs= Ze (or Zdb) + (R1+R2)...
Replies
Views
Need help check that my cable calculations are correct as still new to doing them. 6A Lighting Circuit 60898 MCB Type B wiring in 1MM²/1MM² T+E...
Replies
Views
I'm in the process of building a new house (West Indies). Due to terrain it is a modular design where each bedroom is an individual building...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I'm installing a 3-ph 32A 60309 socket and just wanted to double check my design calcs are right... The circuit will be part of a 3-ph...
Replies
Views
R
Got to price job for local hotel to install key card switches in every room, but could do with some help in the best way to wire these (Which will...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock