Currently reading:
Help needed on electricity meter

Discuss Help needed on electricity meter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 114336

hi
My housemate uses too much electricity- constant heater etc- I want to separate our electricity readings.
What can I do pls?

P.S. I’ve looked at smart meters on individual sockets however he’s got lots of sockets in his room and would find a way around them.

Reselling electricity has strict rules as far as I know, you can only add a small amount to cover 'maintenance'. Although your solution is good and perfectly acceptable to any decent person I fear in this case that the same coin would get endless use. :rolleyes:
Sealed meter, my Mum had the same set up so I know it well.

Reselling electricity has strict rules as far as I know, you can only add a small amount to cover 'maintenance'. Although your solution is good and perfectly acceptable to any decent person I fear in this case that the same coin would get endless use. :rolleyes:

That sounds like an expensive job. A coin meter sounds more expensive than smart meters on each socket.
Even adiabatic is useless in my case because the guy would use constant heater anyway, let’s not question why.

I don’t hear my room and I have proper bedding.
The numbers are accurate, tho I don’t see how my explanation would solve my problem SparkyChick

I don’t see how your figures can be accurate.

How do you wash, make hot drinks, cook food, keep food cold ...,,

These all add up

So stop messing around and convince us you know your figures..

How much do the winter months compare with the summer?

Is that the same thing as a Landlord’s meter?
Back in the past you could buy a meter that you owned and could install per room.

Newer version then the twister type,

Screenshot 2018-12-27 at 20.44.45.jpg

I don’t see how your figures can be accurate.

How do you wash, make hot drinks, cook food, keep food cold ...,,

These all add up

So stop messing around and convince us you know your figures..

How much do the winter months compare with the summer?

Back in the past you could buy a meter that you owned and could install per room.

Newer version then the twister type,

View attachment 46733

Ty. I will look at installing a digital meter like how a coin meter used to be installed.

@David Mack ,

Looks like you've got an answer you're happy with.

I'll say thank you on behalf of all the members you've insulted along the way and leave you with a warning... if you post again and display a similar level of contempt for the people who are trying to help you, I'll personally ban you. Whilst there is a certain level of chit chat between the professional members, the majority of members time here is spent answering queries from other electricians and members of the public. We do it for free because we like to help... we don't do it to be insulted.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and welcome to the forums.

Reply to Help needed on electricity meter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock