Discuss Help regarding a Horstmann Electronic 7 timer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Fieldy618

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like some help on an issue I'm having with my Horstmann electronic 7 timer if anyone can help me please. Our electricity bills currently seem very high for this time of year, they're coming out at £80 a month for a 2 bed apartment, with both me and my partner being out between 08:30 and 17:00. I figured that the only thing that could be causing this must be the water heater tank.

I looked at the settings on the timer and it looks like it is set to come on between 03:00 and 06:30 which seems fine. However when I change the hours the off peak light only comes on between 07:00 and 11:00? This can't be right surely? Does anyone have any experience with this model?

Thanks,
Benjamin

Not sure I follow what you mean by turning off the breaker? Thanks
Fieldy618 in the USA we have hot water tanks with immersed heating elements which I have a 50 gallon tank 30 amp 220vac breaker feeding it, and I just disconnect the power. I’m not quite sure what is being used in the UK but I would assume it has some power going to it and that’s what I was referring to

The tank should have two elements.

Top element should be wired to the peak supply and be timed on for an hour or so if needed or used via the boost button.

The lower element should do the majority of the work and wired to the off peak supply which SHOULD come on over night.

A non-contact voltage indicator will suffice to confirm yours is set up correctly.

It seems your off peak times are not set up correctly. Hopefully ive attaced the correct user guide.

Attachments

• Horstmann-User-Guide.pdf
    263.1 KB · Views: 14
Hi, thanks for the attachment, I've seen that manual already and used it to change the timer in the morning but I still don't understand why in the video I attached the off peak light only comes on at between 7-11am and not through the night?

Hi, thanks for the attachment, I've seen that manual already and used it to change the timer in the morning but I still don't understand why in the video I attached the off peak light only comes on at between 7-11am and not through the night?
I can only think that the off peak settings are set for 07:00-11:00.

You may have thought you were setting the off peak but actually set the boost.

Without running through it myself, which would be long and ponderous, i cant see what else it is.

Reply to Help regarding a Horstmann Electronic 7 timer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock