Discuss Help wiring a homemade Ghostbusters Containment Unit prop in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm hoping that I can find some help, I currently only know enough to get myself into trouble.
I'm creating a prop for my son, and we want it to have lights and sounds. I have three 5 pin lighted push buttons and I want to attach a sound file to each one. I have looked into various recordable sound boards and I think that will work, but I don't know how to wire up the switches.
What i would ultimately like would be to have button 1 lit until pressed, then it makes a sound and turns off, lighting button 2. Press button 2 and it makes a sound and then turns off and button 3 then lights up until it is pressed, where it would play a sound and turn off and re-light button 1. Is this possible? And how?

Hi everyone. I'm hoping that I can find some help, I currently only know enough to get myself into trouble.
I'm creating a prop for my son, and we want it to have lights and sounds. I have three 5 pin lighted push buttons and I want to attach a sound file to each one. I have looked into various recordable sound boards and I think that will work, but I don't know how to wire up the switches.
What i would ultimately like would be to have button 1 lit until pressed, then it makes a sound and turns off, lighting button 2. Press button 2 and it makes a sound and then turns off and button 3 then lights up until it is pressed, where it would play a sound and turn off and re-light button 1. Is this possible? And how?
Nurse yes that is possible but you would need to hire an electrician. In my mind you could pull this off with at least 3 relays and this is not something that you can do and probably a lot of electricians can’t either.

Sounds like you need an electronics expert rather than an electrician. Maybe a job for a raspberry pi board - it would be very flexible and could be reconfigured.

Reply to Help wiring a homemade Ghostbusters Containment Unit prop in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net