Discuss Help with Landis and Gyr import / export meter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DonaLS

DIY
Reaction score
Hi, Our meter is an import / export Landis and Gyr. To supply Our readings We have to deduct the R from the T. The meter has now rolled over to 00*** so We can not deduct the R now as this would give a minus reading. Any idea how to give energy company a reading? Someone said add 99999 to current reading but the energy company can not confirm this! They keep saying send the T reading but this is Total with the Export (R) reading. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated! 👍

Attachments

• 109CE61F-7EC3-49A8-9FBD-838ED8A28D41.jpeg
    453.5 KB · Views: 9
So instead of T being 00224, it’s 100224, and you only have 5 digits to fill in?

What is the R reading, and what would the T-R be?
Hi, thank you for getting back to me again. Yes We only have room for 5 digits. I will enclose an image of the R reading 👍

Attachments

• 394748FF-D8C8-4F24-A7D1-C66B7D226BD5.jpeg
    466.1 KB · Views: 5
So do you need to fill in T and R or just the difference?

The difference being 100224 - 06612 = 93612

If you need to fill in the 100224 on their system, but it only takes 5 digits… then put in 00224. They should realise as the last reading would be in the 90,000s
If they don’t, then someone will contact you and you can explain why. These meter reading fill in forms are totally automatic. No human interaction unless there’s a problem

As Littlespark, the true T reading is 100244.
so T - R , 100244 - 06612 = 93632, that should be in the same range as the last number provided before it rolled over.
(Using the readings off the meter in the picture)

So do you need to fill in T and R or just the difference?

The difference being 100224 - 06612 = 93612

If you need to fill in the 100224 on their system, but it only takes 5 digits… then put in 00224. They should realise as the last reading would be in the 90,000s
If they don’t, then someone will contact you and you can explain why. These meter reading fill in forms are totally automatic. No human interaction unless there’s a problem
Hi, I need to fill in the difference. So each time I take a reading do I use the same process? Many thanks once again. This has been a nightmare since last year!

just keep filling in the difference... it looks like it will roll over sometime in the future... then youll have to omit the '1' in leftmost digit, and wait for them to realise.

Reply to Help with Landis and Gyr import / export meter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net