Discuss Help with plug sockets in cupboard in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Morning everyone...

I posted on here last week regarding an earth wire I found in my cupboard and got some really good advice which work... Essentially... Pulled a floorboard up and got some slack to tack it to the wall.. Which has worked a treat.

My next problem is 2 socket plugs on either side of the cupboard

The first is an old socket hole with wires still inside... I wanted to know how should I safely fill this hole in.. (does it matter the wires are there when I fill it up) any suggestions will be really helpful.

The second is it appears a disconnected socket that I have found out was for the Emerson heater in the loft, which is not there anymore. How should I deal with this... It looks like it had a separate power source which has not been cut... Is it as simple as removing the wiring from the loft and unscrewing the switch socket. I should say the wire coming from the socket goes into the floorboard and back up around the door panel and into the loft

As always thank you so much for all your help. Just getting started with DIY and even though these jobs probably seem simple to guys like you I just want to make sure I do it right

I've attached photos

Thanks

Justin

IMG_20190511_143037.jpg

IMG_20190511_143924.jpg

IMG_20190511_143459.jpg

IMG_20190511_143507.jpg

IMG_20190511_143439.jpg

IMG_20190511_143519.jpg

IMG_20190511_143525.jpg

I think you should employ an electrician to come along and conduct a survey of your property, judging at all the pics you have been posting. Those cables could be redundant and not connected, but you need to be sure. I’m concerned about what the rest of your install is like?

An electrical installation condition report, might cost you a couple of hundred pounds, or even a visual inspection might tell you the worst case scenario.

wht he said^^^^. might find those old cables are redundant. look like VIR. an inspection/test recommended.

Reply to Help with plug sockets in cupboard in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net