Currently reading:
Hi all i'm new to the forum

Discuss Hi all i'm new to the forum in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

garnhamr

Hi i'm Rob from suffolk area worked as a spark for about 9 years and been fitting floors for the past 3. Things aren't going so well with the flooring comapny so i'm looking to go back to electrics. Not entirely sure i should have my account marked that i'm a spark considering my current situation or not perhaps you guys can give your view and i'm not overly fussed what i'm labelled as.
I worked full time as a spark doing mainly house bashing, trained up within a wide range of works, worked for a year doing purely heating controls and completed anything domestic but it was all countersigned by the company i worked for.
The only qualification i have is the city and guilds 2360 part 2 (level 3) so i want to do the am2 for jib registration and the 2392 seems like a good investment at some point too.
Anyway, happy to be here, seems like a very good forum that should be well respected.

The qualification you need for a JIB gold card is the NVQ level 3, either C&G or EAL; that's all they seem to care about. You may be able to do that without the AM2.

The qualification you need for a JIB gold card is the NVQ level 3, either C&G or EAL; that's all they seem to care about. You may be able to do that without the AM2.

i've been getting confused, i thought the am2 WAS an nvq3 so i could just go to a center and get it done over a couple of days. [h=2][/h]

AM2 achievement measurement 2 is a practical assessment of your capability in a workshop that can be done very quickly as it is a practical exam.

The NVQ3 refers to the extended collection of in work evidence of your competence to undertake tasks in a variety of situations.
Assembling the portfolio can take a significant period of time, generally not less than 6 months.

The associated classroom learning from the likes of 2330, 2365, 2357 is the underpinning knowledge required to understand the requirements of the regulations for electrical installation and how to apply them.

Reply to Hi all i'm new to the forum in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock