Hi

Discuss Hi in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

alan

Hi from Alan Been an electrician in the Navy, pass City & Guilds for electrical engineer.
20years as a electrician in heavy engineering till they shut last year -energy cost too high.
Pass 16th edition and 13 week part p course last year.
Only looking to work now about 20 odd hours a week but find the cost to be a member of a organisation too high.

hiya, alan welcome to the forum matey, how was your time in the Navy? I don't know how much the certification schemes cost, but aren't there some low budget ones which arent recognised?

Luke,

I know a low budget one that isnt recognised.

It's called,.....erm....... Tony's Part P Competent Persons Certification Scheme. Membership is about 50 quid a year (unmarked notes only)

Only problem is it aint recognised ( but i am sure your local building control wont mind!!!)

Reply to Hi in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

having enrolled myself onto an electricians course at the end of jan, after deciding on a complete career change of baker/retail worker in the 25...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum. I qualified in 1988 with City & Guilds Electrical Installation Parts 1 & 2 15th Edition followed by both ONC & HNC in...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone In September 2023 I rented a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment, with all electric supply, no gas powered appliances. I noted down the...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I'm trying to understand what's going on with my off-peak electricity supply, as something's wrong with it and I'm trying to determine if...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock