Discuss Hob and oven isolators in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
What's your guys recommendation on hob and oven isolators. It's still undecided what rating hob and what rating oven is being used therefore I have decided to run a 6mm radial for the hob and a 4 mm radial for the oven circuit to be hidden in a base unit. Do you guys recommend a 45amp isolator for each circuit local to the appliances. I presume the oven will be supplied with a plug so a 16amp breaker will be sufficient so would putting an isolator in for that be over kill

Thanks

if you have had no instruction on what they want, I think yes, a pair of 45A isolators would be great, whoever installs the appliance can from there put a socket or fcu or direct cable.

You'll need accessible isolators for both, as long as the isolator current rating exceeds the appliance rating you'll be good. Usual practice is either 45 or 32a isolators above the worktop or accessible in an adjacent unit with low level outlet plates behind the appliances.

6.0mm , 32A feed to isolator.then into a CCU for hob asnd a single socket for oven. fit the CCU and socket onto a dual back box like this:
1570158234705.png

Are the low level outlet plates 100% required? Can you not just wire the hob and oven from the isolator directly
No they are not; but they do make things subsequently easier. You could mount the oven outlet plate in an adjacent floor unit, if space is tight.

Reply to Hob and oven isolators in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I’ve got an issue driving me crazy and can’t get anyone to figure it out as it’s not their issue. We had a new extension, single rear...
Replies
Views
Hi all Some advice on this would be great. Due to wire a kitchen from scratch and in a pickle over the designing of the oven and hob circuits due...
Replies
Views
Hello hope you can help I have a single oven 2.4kw max and a ceramic hob 6kw max I would like to put then both on the same circuit so i was...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I'm upgrading my kitchen electrics replacing the current gas hob for an induction hob. The oven was previously plugged into the...
Replies
Views
i am looking for some help with a decision i need to make. i am having a new kitchen installed but can decide between having 2 3.6kw 16amp ovens...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock