Discuss horstmann h37xl series 2 stuck in gravity mode in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I can't see any reference to it in the manual, has it just failed or is it new house to you
I can't see any reference to it in the manual, has it just failed or is it new house to you or??
hi bought second hand,,on the back of the timer it says 'remove link if fitted for gravity systems' and there is a small square hole allowing access to 3 circuit board connections, no info in the manual but i did find some info saying in gravity mode ch2 will close ch3 when open which is what is happening to me .

These are either a small switch or a "jumper"
If you are sure it is 3 small pins then yes you can buy a replacement
You will have to check the dimensions but something like THIS is what you will need. Centre pin is common so it either joins pins 1+2 or 2+3 depending which mode you need

Just checked pictures on Ebay and it looks like series 2 has the removable link second picture.

If it's just pairs of pins then probably like this, as used on Printed circuit boards in P.Cs etc

horstmann h37xl series 2 stuck in gravity mode PCB link.PNG - EletriciansForums.net

Looks like it is just a shorting link between 2 pins

horstmann h37xl series 2 stuck in gravity mode LLInk xl - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Just checked pictures on Ebay and it looks like series 2 has the removable link second picture.

If it's just pairs of pins then probably like this, as used on Printed circuit boards in P.Cs etc

View attachment 105869
no its 3 small strips of circuit board with a dot under the middle strip .

Attachments

• horstmann h37xl series 2 stuck in gravity mode IMG_20230202_080640 (1) 2 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_20230202_080640 (1) 2.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 9
no its 3 small strips of circuit board with a dot under the middle strip .
This is not a removed link but intentionally omitted by the manufacturer
There may be a switch or jumper pins in some models soldered onto this PCB but not in yours unfortunately
It may be possible to add your own but not advised without knowing which pins do what and if there are further components missing inside which is highly likely

This is not a removed link but intentionally omitted by the manufacturer
There may be a switch or jumper pins in some models soldered onto this PCB but not in yours unfortunately
It may be possible to add your own but not advised without knowing which pins do what and if there are further components missing inside which is highly likely
yes its looking that way ,oh well thanks for the help i will buy new .

Very unlikely that there was a gravity only model produced, since, at a guess, only a very small percentage of installations are gravity.
I expect there was some kind of plastic plug pushed in that hole, and a short piece of wire and soldering iron would solve the problem
Can't advise where to solder that wire though from here though.

Reply to horstmann h37xl series 2 stuck in gravity mode in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock