Discuss Household Wiring in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

pmcgowan1979

I don't know if anyone can help but I have had a call today from my mum saying that the light circuit in half the house is not working. The fuse has been changed but the lights are still not working. Is there anything else straight forward that it could be or is it likely that the circuit is now damaged?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

pmcgowan1979 could you give us more information as there could be a number of reasons why this has happened?

See if you can find out what happened when the lights went out, if it was the first time and which fuse was changed and post back again.

It may need to be looked at by an electrican who can put some tests on the circuit.

Warren

Warren,

Thanks for the response. Apparently she swapped the fuse with another and that worked and so rewired the fuse and that also now works. Sorry for wasting your time but thanks again

Warren,

Thanks for the response. Apparently she swapped the fuse with another and that worked and so rewired the fuse and that also now works. Sorry for wasting your time but thanks again

Hey its no problem, just make sure that she has put the correct size fuse wire in the correct fuse because there is a difference based on the ampage of the fuse.

If you look here you will see that a 5amp fuse needs a 35 Swg wire.

Fuse Wire

The higher the ampage the smaller the Swg wire size.

Very important that you do not put a different wire size in the fuse to what is required because the fuse is there to protect the cable of the circuit.

Reply to Household Wiring in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock